Top Shelf Aquatics

torch coral

scoobahSAM

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go to this link it is cristata coral, i know it is i have it, it has single polyps and short tentacles, it is a euphyllia species. It is not frogspawn it resembles it, it has a single polyp with short tentacles. Trust me frogspawn has multiple polyps and long tentacles. The web site is Aimal-world.com type cristata coral in the search bar and look for the web site it has a nice close pic like you have of yours look at the tentacles on it and read the description they are easily miss identified. It took me awhile to id mine as well.

Go to this link it is cristata coral, i know it is i have it, it has single polyps and short tentacles, it is a euphyllia species. It is not frogspawn it resembles it, it has a single polyp with short tentacles. Trust me frogspawn has multiple polyps and long tentacles. The web site is Aimal-world.com type cristata coral in the search bar and look for the web site it has a nice close pic like you have of yours look at the tentacles on it and read the description they are easily miss identified. It took me awhile to id mine as well.

No the tentacles are too long.

GrapeCoral_EuphyCristataWRLps_Ap14C.jpg

2. No such thing as golden frogspawn.

I was in Premium Aquatics one day and they had something labeled as a golden frogspawn. Not saying they were right or wrong, but this isn't the first time I've heard of it.

It looks like torch also but shorter tentacles, then a torch, but it has polyps like a frogspawn but they are single polyps it not super rare but it is a rare coral to find especially at a lfs, i got mine at my lfs he took in on a store credit. I have not seen many since. Just look at the info on the website i posted youll see its looks just like it or go to live aquaria they aqua culture they have excellent examples of it. Sorry to sound like an ass but iball you are wrong it is not frogspawn, i have orange, a purple tip and blue tip frogspawn. I have multilpe torches and hammer corals. Im a euphyllia nut. I also have a head of cristata coral that looks like one that scoobah posted.

Tentacles are to long for what ypu must not look at your tank much, my frogspawns torches hammers and cristata coral tentacles vary all the time thatpicture is cristata coral look at it again and READ the species profile it has short tentacles and single polyps on them they swell and look like little fat torch tentacles.

It looks like torch also but shorter tentacles, then a torch, but it has polyps like a frogspawn but they are single polyps it not super rare but it is a rare coral to find especially at a lfs, i got mine at my lfs he took in on a store credit. I have not seen many since. Just look at the info on the website i posted youll see its looks just like it or go to live aquaria they aqua culture they have excellent examples of it. Sorry to sound like an ass but iball you are wrong it is not frogspawn, i have orange, a purple tip and blue tip frogspawn. I have multilpe torches and hammer corals. Im a euphyllia nut. I also have a head of cristata coral that looks like one that scoobah posted.

Tentacles are to long for what ypu must not look at your tank much, my frogspawns torches hammers and cristata coral tentacles vary all the time thatpicture is cristata coral look at it again and READ the species profile it has short tentacles and single polyps on them they swell and look like little fat torch tentacles.

Alright dude, no need to be feisty. Whatever you say boss

short tentacles and single polyps on them they swell and look like little fat torch tentacles

That's exactly what I see in the image.. I guess time will have to tell. If they elongate, after it's done being angry, it's a torch. If it stays stubby, sounds like cristata it is.

Im not being fiesty im showing scooba a link he asked for one i provided him with one stating you are wrong about frogspawn i told you it is hard to verify but he provided a close shot of it, the picture you found and posted is a cristata coral you can see for yourself also it is closely remsembling a frogspawn but like i said it has a single polyp as where frogspawn has multiple poylps on its tentacles. That why i said not to sound like an ass but your wrong im in no way trying to bash you or your knowledge. Or be fiesty he asked what it was i told him you told him i gave proof thats all and it does resemble cristata. Im sorry if this whole post turned into some pissing battle not my intentions by any means or to sound like im insulting your knowledge of coral.hopefulley you see the differneces also you now can come away with more knowledge. Another name for it is grape coral.but this name is usually linked to frogspawn incorrectly identifying the coral. The book is anthony calfo book of propogation it has a nice picture and explains exactly what euphyllia species are what, it includes torch hammer frogspawn and cristata

stating you are wrong.

i told you.

see for yourself.

like i said it.

i said not sound like an ass.

your wrong.

i told him.

im insulting your knowledge.

Oh. I see how it is.

Im not being fiesty im showing scooba a link he asked for one i provided him with one stating you are wrong about frogspawn i told you it is hard to verify but he provided a close shot of it, the picture you found and posted is a cristata coral you can see for yourself also it is closely remsembling a frogspawn but like i said it has a single polyp as where frogspawn has multiple poylps on its tentacles. That why i said not to sound like an ass but your wrong im in no way trying to bash you or your knowledge. Or be fiesty he asked what it was i told him you told him i gave proof thats all and it does resemble cristata. Im sorry if this whole post turned into some pissing battle not my intentions by any means or to sound like im insulting your knowledge of coral.hopefulley you see the differneces also you now can come away with more knowledge. Another name for it is grape coral.but this name is usually linked to frogspawn incorrectly identifying the coral. The book is anthony calfo book of propogation it has a nice picture and explains exactly what euphyllia species are what, it includes torch hammer frogspawn and cristata

how about you use some grammar. geez

Anyways, my vote is for Frogspawn.

I say let it fully heal up and than we can determine.. I'm with xriz though, if you want a photo of my froggy (now tha tit is doing much betters) i can get one for ya...

Yes they close at night

Nice iball lets take what i said out context and cut and paste, yes i said your wrong, grow up no i did not mean to insult your knowledge

:lol: Bigots die off quickly.

Allen lets not play the grammer game gtfo, and you need to educate yourself on the species it is not a frogspawn thanks xris at least you are willing to look at it and think of the possibility geez he might right it is a cristata coral, the point is everyone knows what frogspawn is thats the common coral to pick and say its a frogspawn for the people who do not know what cristata coral is.

There are going to be size differneces come on man you keep corals yourself the picture was a reference. You should know there will be variations. Do your corals look the same everday, no they are going to swell shrink close up while the other head stays open.

Back up few post allen youll see i stated frogspawn is labled grape coral giving a false id. That is a frogspawn you linked me to. Hence frogspawn is sometimes labled incorrectly as grape coral, the cristata coral, is also known as grape. Frogspawn other correct name is octospawn. Incorrectly labled frogspawn is what you linked me to

Why is there even debate as to whether or not this is a frogspawn? It is obviously not a frogspawn because of the single tips. It looks like a golden aussie torch (as advertised by his lfs) that is still getting used to his quarantine. My bet is that this thing will have real long tentacles in the next month or so as they get used to your params. They're still adolescent torch heads.

Archived