Top Shelf Aquatics

PSYS' 40 Breeder Reef Build...

PSYS

Really awesome, Shawn.... you can almost see the different personalities if the fish in your photographs.

I can only hope that my 40B turns out to be as clean as yours!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :)

Yep drilling is super easy, just keep it wet and go slow and put very little pressure on it. The most important thing is to go slow and take your time. I have drilled 5 tanks now and not one crack. I even drilled a 2.5 gallon tank without cracking it and that glass is thinner than 1/8". If your drill has a torque setting set it to lowest. A few beers before hand helps with the nerves. Make sure you have a towel inside the tank for the piece to fall on too!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know... I kinda think I should've just taken it upon myself to drill it. *shrug* Maybe I'll give it a go when the hole saw comes in. But... :scarry:

Good grief, you guys... just relax. I'm not too worried about it. It'll give me an excuse to meet up with a fellow reef club member and check out the tanks he has. No worries... maybe I'll watch him drill the overflow and I'll take my turn and drill the return.

I'll make sure I have him get a photo of me drilling so I don't have to hear anymore about it. :P

devilsadvocate
I'm going to drill my 75 for the upgrade. If you do it yourself it will calm my nerves about trying myself.

i did it myself. you can do it!

I'm going to drill my 75 for the upgrade. If you do it yourself it will calm my nerves about trying myself.

Yeah I'm about to drill 4 holes in my 90, not looking forward to how long it will take with the thicker glass.

Yeah I'm about to drill 4 holes in my 90, not looking forward to how long it will take with the thicker glass.

I'm going to budget 5 hours for it :lol:

The tank is almost 10 years old, if I break it, it's not like I haven't gotten my money out of it. I'll probably replace it with a rimless starfire tank of sorts and then pay for them to drill it :D

dont listen to this scrub, why pay big money to have crap hanging on the back.

dont listen to this rat, he's got no brain

Archived