ReefCleaners.org

PSYS' 40 Breeder Reef Build...

PSYS

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ATO idea sounds cool.

i went simple with my first tank, my new 40B is gonna be high tech :D

I've been trying to keep things simple, but each day the transformation morphs into something more complex than the day before. :huh:

ATO idea sounds cool.

i went simple with my first tank, my new 40B is gonna be high tech :D

Lol...reverse that for me lol. I love 40B's...tagging along with this one looks like it's going to be awesome :D

A single 3/4" return is fine, i believe those are rated for something like 1100gph each.

Thanks for this. I appreciate the info!! I'm glad I only went with (1) return kit...

Hey just wanted to pop back in and say two things,

1. I have the same wattage of LEDs over my 40b, perfect amount IMO.

2. More pictures please. :flower:

Hey just wanted to pop back in and say two things,

1. I have the same wattage of LEDs over my 40b, perfect amount IMO.

2. More pictures please. :flower:

JOEL!!!!!

You're my hero and I lub your tank. :) Thanks for commenting! It's an honor!

I will definitely get some more pics in the work. There's been way too much chatter... mostly by me.

Sadly enough, I am still a little ways away from gettin' tank wet.

Ran a few errands this morning with my wife and hit up Wal-Mart. I hate that place with a passion, but we had to go, anyway. I went to their camping section and found the 7-gallon Aqua-Tainers. I already have one in my garage from my 3-gal. pico days.

I thought I read somewhere on the forum that people were snatchin' these things up for seven dollars and some change at Wal-Mart. They were $10.88 for me.

I bought (2) more...

aqua-tainer_untitled.jpg

Got my 3/4" return kit from Gl@ssholes in the mail today... awesomely fast shipping!!

Unfortunately, they packed it up and forgot to put in my holesaw. D'oh! :(

077f0b27.jpg

I cannot say enough good things about Gl@ssholes. They just responded to my e-mail and got another holesaw on the way to me.

Thanks, guys! :happy:

meh. I'm chalkin' it up to human error... everyone makes mistakes. Although, if I got it in the mail today and actually had plans to DRILL it today, I can see how I'd be a bit more upset and pissed off.

Thankfully, that is not the case.

devilsadvocate

ah, man. that sucks. you could probably go pick on up at homedepot then just return it, if you really wanted to drill today :3

I'm enlisting the help of a fellow local reef club member to drill it for me... and I believe we're gonna do that next weekend, so it's all good.

youll be surprised how easy drilling is. i had both holes drilled and baffled within 15 minutes.

I know. That's what everyone keeps sayin', but I'm scurrred. :scarry:

I'll watch and learn and then next time (when I upgrade... heh heh), I'll know what I'm doing.

Archived