SaltCritters.com

•The Magic Kingdom 3g Pico• Retired

Jacob042426

I added a new little rock in the front. It will be the"zoa rock".

Is the pyramid rock off the top? Putting that on the bottom would do wonders for the way your scape would look and stability.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jacob042426

I was eating rice And dropped a crumb on the floor and put it in the tank and a 4" long bridtle worm came out Nd grabbed it. Scary...

Thanks, I think it was worth the $80! The only problem is that im short $80 of the money I havee.

I didn't know they cost that much. I complained about how much my $17 cleaner shrimp was. :lol:

Jacob042426

it was the most impulse buy on the planet :lol:. $50 for the shrimp, and$30 for shipping. they are super rare too.

Basketball Prodigy
I was eating rice And dropped a crumb on the floor and put it in the tank and a 4" long bridtle worm came out Nd grabbed it. Scary...

At first I thought you said you were eating a ricordea.

:blink:

wh, wh, whyyyy would you even do that?

remember that there are some essential things for a tank that cost a lot, such as a

refractometer (~$40)

test kits (>$20)

heater ($30)

added together with the cost of your tank that's already over $100, and you still need a timer, live rock, live sand, salt water, fresh ro/di water, temperature meter, food for corals/fish, a mag float to clean the sides, any of your filter equipment, and alllll your livestock...

Yes, yes, I know this was put up a while ago, buuuuuuut...

I came up with an idea for using a standard 2.5 gallon pico and turning into a reef with good CFL lighting for the low price of $100. Tank, rock, sand, heater, filter, timer, and water included.

Mag floats are not needed on such a small tank IMO. I use a (unsused) toothbrush as an all-purpose cleaning tool and I keep a 20 long at school clean with just that.

As for livestock, $100 left over can buy a $20 goby, a $10 cleaner shrimp, and a bunch of frags.

Nice tank BTW. Nice to know there are people my age in the hobby.

Jacob042426

That's pretty awesome! I was told once I had I my equipment that I should have done a 5 gallon and used an 18" t5 light. Why hadnt I thought of that before! I agree with the mag float. I havnt used my nano mag much and I have to be care full for the black sand. I just use a bendy straw :lol: . how old is yoos?

Thanks for the comment!

Also, this morning my mom told me she got me 2 underwater cameras for my birthday! She got them early because we are going to tulum for spring break next weeK! She got a Panasonic ts3 and a Nikon aw100. Whichever one I like better ill keep, and she'll return the other.

????????????????⛽

????. ????. ?????????

Jacob042426

I'm staying at a place called luv tulum in a beachside hut. We are renting an economy car for $17 a day, so we will drive to places. any suggestions on where to go?

Xcaret and Chichen Itza are both musts in that area. At your age the actual town of Cancún is fun, but not what you think it will be, since you can't drink.

Jacob042426

What about snorkeling?

At your age the actual town of Cancún is fun, but not what you think it will be, since you can't drink.

???

What about snorkeling?

Xcaret was the best snorkeling I've ever done. Granted I've only been about 5 times. I got bit by a parrot fish. :lol:

Archived