Coral Vue Hydros

my new 20L

MrKrispy

• 2 weeks later...
greentreepython

Nice job, my only question is, why dont have the light running parrallel to the tank, a 20 long would surely need the full bulb, Mounting can be a pain but I found an easy and attractive way to mount. Let me know and Ill send you some pics

I read that that was the best way to arrange the light. I am happy with it like that, I wanted to keep some rics and shrooms on the ends of the tank. Plus I didn't want to look at the pendant, it is big and fugly. PM me though, I would like to see your setup.

Gotta few new SPS frags, I will try to get all the pics up next week.

i have the same lighting setup only mine is mounted parallel and i get great coverage. my tank is only 24" long though. PFO does make a pendant that is meant to be mounted perp. but i dont think yours (and mine) is the one. either way your tank looks good. my tank is in the wall so you cant see that ugly pendant.

i might have missed it, how and what are you dosing?

nothing usually. I use seawater for my water changes, but the calcium tends to be low so I use B-ionic or kalk occasionally.

I feed LiquidLife Phyto and Cyclopeeze a couple of times a week , and flake food. I feed mysis shrimps to the brain and rics.

• 4 weeks later...
ReeferMonkey

Updates?

And did you ever manage to take more pics of the interior/details of the stand? You never replied to my pm :P

• 3 weeks later...

I can't get the inside shots of the stand to look like anything when they are shrunk up. What specifics were wanted? It is hard to get shots of it now that I can't move it :)

I have a bunch of new stuff I will try to get posted this weekend, including a nice variety of orange rics, some acros, and a yellow scroll.

Originally posted by MrKrispy

My frogspawn that I also love but am gonna trade in.  I am just too paranoid about it stinging the SPS and everything else.   I gave it a whole 1/3 of a tank but now I wanna put acros up and stuff there.

You might want to consider keeping it... it's a beauty. Simply place it on the sand bed at one corner. I've got a torch that has followed me since my 10g days. When it starts branching, you can always frag it.;)

Originally posted by MrKrispy

an unidentified green acro I got from a co-worker.  If you look in my old 10g thread above you will see it is white.   It turned greenish when I moved it in the middle of my 10g under 96W PC, and it is starting to encrust the mounting rubble.

It looks like an a. suharsonoi, a deep water acro. It'll probably do fine with less light.

Sweet setup... I think one of your frags is an a. valida. It should turn a nice purple with green polyps.

It won't be long before your tank is full off sps...:D

ReeferMonkey

Krispy,

I would love pics of the corners, mounting hardware, doors, etc. Most of the carpentry stuff. I might be interested in building one myself.

ReeferMonkey

Not inside corners... details of the exterior of the stand. Mounting hardware on the interior, yes, but exterior stand shots. Joints, construction, etc.

Archived