SaltCritters.com

nano cube at 2 months

fuzzyfroboy

www.joesjuice.com

Buy some and kill those "worms" :)

Get yourself and nice thin scraper and get that bubble algae off of there, use a siphon remove it once it breaks free. The increase the flow accross your rock. I did this a few months back and it hasn't returned. Note: Try not to pop the bubbles during removal.

Good luck and have fun.

I recommend against the peps. They are known to bother stuff. Being a dipstick "naturalist" the peppermint shrimp appealed to me more than a chemical addative... I bought my pep shrimp and:

1. It only eats baby stomatella snails. CRAP!!

2. It doesn't like aiptasia

3. I sits in one corner and rocks back and forth all day in a trance.

I shelled out for the joes juice. Best $12 I ever spent. Took me all of 30 seconds to kill every aiptasia in the tank. Nothing else died, no ill effects.

Better yet, fill the top of a BLACK film canister with lead shot (in a baggie, of course) and set this on top of the aiptasia. In a day or so, the aip will "let go" of the rock, and try to relocate. When you seen it in a new location (easy to do if you watch the tank a lot), reach in with a pair of CLEAN chopsticks and pull it out. I had 4 on my live rock when I first started my tank. Tried this method out b/c everything likes light, and it avoided killing coral with calcium. 7 months later I am still aiptasia free.

For some fun, toss the little buggers into so freshwater with Ghosh shrimp, and watch the feeding frenzy.

fastredponycar

i had a lot of aptasia in my 29 gal and a trio of peps wiped it out in less than a week. I've also heard of guys injecting lemon juice or vinegar into the hole that the aptasia root in.??

THEY ARE NOT WORMS.. and furthemore go to your local grocery store, pick up some pickling lime. Mix one teaspoon of this with two tablespoons of water. Put this mixture in the microwave for 40 seconds. Then take a syringe and squirt this mixture close to the aiptasia, it will take it up and kill it. This info is from garf and I have used it several times

Cellenzweig

I use Joe's Juice and I think it works perfect. I don't get aiptasia often anymore and when I do, the JJ kills them in seconds with no mess and no side effects.

Archived