other_coral.jpg

as you have seen i have

2 percula clown fish

1 cleaner wrasse

1 peppermint shrimp

1 cleaner shrimp

2 blue legged hermit crabs

1 turbo snail

you can't see my wrasse or my hermitts or snail.

i will show you a great picture of my cleaner shrimp (use the flash)

cleaner_shrimp.jpg

please leave me feedback... what do you think?

thanks... andrew

CT nano reefer

hey boss...tank is looking real nice..I like the pink/purple coraline algea growth on the rocks and back wall.. Is the tank set-up stock?, or did you make any mods to it?....JIM

fuzzyfroboy

i don't have anenomes. those are worms. although i am trying to get a rose anenome. and yes it is stock. i have no mods. does a emerald crab eat the coral though?

hmmm

is it just me or does the finger leather and mushroom toadstool look dead? they should be tan not white/bleached, and neither of them has extended polyps ... ? when was the last time you tested for what and how much was it?

fuzzyfroboy

my mushroom is wierd it grows. when i move it. and my finger leather does extend. i don't think think they are dead. i tested my ph and my nitrate levels and they are fine. i will go to my lfs and see if i can get rid of those anenomes.

hm. well that's cool. maybe it's just a weird pic or something, but i swear the surface looks mottled and rotten.

The anemone's are super pests, very difficult to eradicate. Start with a peppermint shrimp (don't purchase a camel shrimp on accident), they like to munch anemones.

Yes, they are known as Aiptasia, nuisance anemones, pest anemones, glass anemones etc., but you can call them brown "worms".

Well, I've never seen aiptasia like Stingray posted, but that doesn't mean much. Aiptasia is known to come in a few different forms and colors. The stuff in your pictures certainly aiptasia.

Also, I'm really envious of your coraline growth. Can you describe your tank maintenance regimen and how type of ak/ca doses you might be putting in the tank (and how often!)?

fuzzyfroboy

hi, i went to my lfs and i am going to get some "cure" they have tested it and apparently its great. if you didn't belive me about my coral i will show you what happened when i switched the toadstool and the finger

fish_tank_004.jpg

and in response to hwarang's post. i put tech cb, part a and b (made by kent marine) in about every 3 days.

Holy Cow!!!!! Aptasia . bunch of them. good luck on getting rid of it . for me i gotta throw all my LR away when im fighting with those crap.

I use seachem reef advantage calcium powder. I mix 1 teaspoon in 30 cc of water in a large syringe and i squirt a little on each aptasia. It works great but it is very caustic and also releases heat when mixed. Also dont accidentally squirt it on your corals. It works wonders and also raises the calcium level quite nicely

Archived