SaltCritters.com

i<3nanotanks' Nanobox/Minimalistic 20L

i<3nanotanks

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ur wrasse looks great...

Same with zoa's

Correct me if im wrong but u did say ur going to be getting SPS right about now...

A few good starters are Monti Cap, Slimer, and the fuzzy piece i have in my tank (forgot name) but he's very easy and still looks awesome (plus they grow fast)

I suggest using photobucket and copy and pasting the IMG Code, thats how i post my pics

Is the bottom option for when u scroll over a pic, ill input more when i see more...

Your Tank Looks Great! I wanna take my 20L and upgrade my 10 but i just bought my T5 so I dont think i wanna take it out just yet. :D

i<3nanotanks
4 Bulb 72W I just dont what color i want.

Do not get any whites haha Just do all actinics and a pink I have a white and it is wayyyyy to bright! yellow ugh :angry:

ur wrasse looks great...

Same with zoa's

Correct me if im wrong but u did say ur going to be getting SPS right about now...

A few good starters are Monti Cap, Slimer, and the fuzzy piece i have in my tank (forgot name) but he's very easy and still looks awesome (plus they grow fast)

I suggest using photobucket and copy and pasting the IMG Code, thats how i post my pics

Is the bottom option for when u scroll over a pic, ill input more when i see more...

I'm not going to be using the easy SPS b/c this is my 4th tank so I'm not new to the sps world :P-_- so yeah I don't have a photobucket tho?

Do not get any whites haha Just do all actinics and a pink I have a white and it is wayyyyy to bright! yellow ugh :angry:

I'm not going to be using the easy SPS b/c this is my 4th tank so I'm not new to the sps world :P-_- so yeah I don't have a photobucket tho?

wow, look at u, mr.pro-aquarist

:P

i<3nanotanks

So some major changes, Took out 20 LBS OF BELOVED LR for a more minimalistic scape B) also no more bare bottom loved the ease of maintenance but I needed the sand -_-post-66784-1325811205_thumb.png

that is a b4 fts here is the after fts

post-66784-1325811257_thumb.png

post-66784-1325811291_thumb.png

post-66784-1325811409_thumb.png

any suggestion appreciated!

when i buy all my new equptment and the tank is down, i will probably take out a bunch of LR myself

so r u going to change lights?

Put up a picture of your frags! My corals are doing super. I am thinking about breeding some clownfish for $$$. I might plumb a 20 long into the closet that is right behind the tank, get a pair and make it just for the clownfish. Probably bare bottom. I actually cleared out that closet already and I figured out that the stand for the old 29 fits a 20 long as well. I could put that stand back there with that tank and another pair of clownfish and voila. They lay like 75+ surviving eggs per spawn and they can spawn as much as 3 times a month! If we get them going we could set up 10 gallons and start raising them and then have the parents raise some too. Just wandering what you thought about it and if you wanted to be a part/split profits. Still in the planning phase but I already have the tank, stand, filtration, lights, sand (if needed), a little LR and PVC. Do some research and get back to me, but at the very least we can sell them for like $5 a piece and thats about $400 a batch. If we got a rare pair we could do $50 a piece and that is freaking $4,000 a batch.

yes I have looked into this before the starting cost is fairly expensive and you never know if they even will breed! Also if you kept them at your house-Would your skimmer be enough? Also my other immediate concerns are that 1) a ten gallon definitely not large enough for grow out! A 55 would be a good place to start! Also The cost of rotifers phyto plankton etc.... If you are ACTUALLY considering this then yes I will take a part in the initial price and the profit :D Also you have to find someone who has a mature breeding pair $400 at the very least of platinum picasso or snowflake that is Frank has that one pair but ehh

We would have to buy a breeding pair... I can use the other PBTA (pink) for them to host in so they feel safer. Also, why don't we just handpick like 50 eggs to keep. We can put some eggs in the 10 gallon and the rest can stay in the 20L. I can always set up the other skimmers (seaclone and random one) in that tank. We could breed our own rotifers and that would benefit my coral anyways. Why don't we start with a cheap breeding pair like 2 blacks or normal. We can get like 2 batches out of them and then use the babies profit+the price of the pair to pay for a new, nicer pair. Also, if I water test that 29 gallon and it is safe then we could use that instead of 20L.

Can you get in touch with Frank in terms of a pair? Also tell him we want proof of spawning whether that is pic, video, actual eggs with him....what ever he wants to do.

Archived