Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Mushroom?

patback

no i doubt that the clown would go near something that small to use as a host. By this time you should definitely be able to feel if it is developing a calcium skeleton or not. Definitely looks like frogspawn though.. i have lots of little hammer coral and frogspawn frags like this that dropped from the mother, but all have a definite calcium "stalk" or stem that i had to glue to the frag disk.

just blow it with a turkey baster to get it to close and see if the tissue retracts into a skeleton or not.

btw.. "pat-back".. lmao. ah that brings me back to the good old days :lol:

Thanks :). I saw that the lfs did glue the frag, which I found very odd since he assured me it was a shroom but I figured what ever, I've seen stranger things. Risking sounding dirty, I will feel him up and down to see if he is hardening in the morning since when he retracts, it isn't into a skeleton. Just looks sorta like a white ball with tentacles coming out.

And I believe there have Been people on here who think my real name is pat. Haha. And the old days? I still watch spongbob.

No need to mess with it.. those pics make it quite obvious and certain that it's a torch. And that bottom area looks too fresh to have calcified. Probably no skeleton, yet.

Keep feeding it, it'll grow pretty quick.

I already checked him out. One part has a decent amount of calcification, the other side ibsortbof lacking. I hope the lfs didn't mess it up by gluing it before it had a skeleton.

Here's my guess:

Part of the torch's natural propagation scheme is dropping little buds that float around in the current until they land on something. I would imagine the LFS had this happen in a tank and took the buds and mounted them.

So, they probably did glue it before there was a skeleton, but I wouldn't worry about it in the long term.

Archived