ReefCleaners.org

•••2011 Nano-reef Christmas gift exchange!•••

JR!

The point is to have fun. Have you ever done a secret santa exchange? It's actually a lot of fun. It's a mystery exchange in the spirit of Christmas.

We're not exchanging lists of things we want (that's not the point). It would be a good idea, once you know who you are buying for, to check out their tank thread so you have an idea of what they could use and couldn't use.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HecticDialectics

I've done a secret santa with friends before... we all bought each other gag gifts like fart in a can, fuzzy handcuffs, and dirty astrology books. It was extremely awesome because we all sat around for three hours getting drunk laughing at each others' gifts. I assume that will be absolutely nothing like this gift exchange, which sounds not fun at all.

If y'all wanna exchange mag floats and fish nets and stuff and open the gifts utterly alone in your living room, more power to you.

I think we all know who definitely won't be participating :lol:

Some of you may physically be all alone when opening your gift (is that such a bad thing? :unsure:), but you will be required to take photos of what you got to share with the community here. I think once people see how it works, there will be lots more people inspired to try it next year (that didn't go for it this year)!!!!!

I've done a secret santa with friends before... we all bought each other gag gifts like fart in a can, fuzzy handcuffs, and dirty astrology books. It was extremely awesome because we all sat around for three hours getting drunk laughing at each others' gifts. I assume that will be absolutely nothing like this gift exchange, which sounds not fun at all.

If y'all wanna exchange mag floats and fish nets and stuff and open the gifts utterly alone in your living room, more power to you.

id does sound kinda silly but some people really get into it. Christmas is about the giving most of all anyways. Maybe next year you will think differently :)

Gonna have the rules and all that jazz on the first post later tonight

Someone should head it up. Anyone that wants to join in should send a pm to the head guy or gal with there address. Then the head person should link up each other kinda close to one another to help on shipping. Is this how you do a secret santa? Never done one before.

how many people live near poor old kazooie? and how much is shipping to alaska?

alaskians speak up

ya know...this brings up a good point. Probably should make sure you pair up people who live in the same country!!!!! Shipping will be crazy if not.

how many people live near poor old kazooie? and how much is shipping to alaska?

alaskians speak up

flat rate is the same to there that it is to the lower 48 silly :P

Someone should head it up. Anyone that wants to join in should send a pm to the head guy or gal with there address. Then the head person should link up each other kinda close to one another to help on shipping. Is this how you do a secret santa? Never done one before.

I think Jrmiller is in charge. I'm just throwing out a lot of opinions :lol:

the way that i have run it before is put all the names into a hat and draw pairs. then the two people contact each other and work out the shipping.

simple as that

ok then, my brain know not all things

mine either but there is a few things rolling around in there

the way that i have run it before is put all the names into a hat and draw pairs. then the two people contact each other and work out the shipping.

simple as that

mine either but there is a few things rolling around in there

opinion alert!!!!!

Keep it secret! Only you will know who is paired up. We can just give you our addresses to give to the other person. Then after pictures are posted here...the person who gave the gift can identify themself! It would be way more fun that way :)

opinion alert!!!!!

Keep it secret! Only you will know who is paired up. We can just give you our addresses to give to the other person. Then after pictures are posted here...the person who gave the gift can identify themself! It would be way more fun that way :)

i like. more work for me but i think it will be for fun :D

opinion alert!!!!!

That is the way I thought it worked.

i like. more work for me but i think it will be for fun :D

Oh...and the person I send to, shouldn't be the person who sends to me...unless it's really picked that way. Otherwise we'll know who is sending to us. Know what I mean?

Oh...and the person I send to, shouldn't be the person who sends to me...unless it's really picked that way. Otherwise we'll know who is sending to us. Know what I mean?

noted

ApiratenamedJohn
Anyone out there still interested in macro trades? I have a few different types I can post pics of if anyone is interested.

How about just give each pair each others address, no names. That way you guys aren't paying all the shipping fees to redirect everything. But I think just pming names and addresses should work fine.

Archived