SaltCritters.com

my new cadlight 4g

nickfd3s

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've done my blue zoa's a few times, but I was able to do those outside of the water. Would I be able to use the glue underwater to put them on a bigger rock because I really wouldnt want to take everything out just for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Got this little guy on xmas eve. Hes cool but super shy, is it just a phase or are they always that way? I read mixed things about them, some places say aggressive and then others say very peaceful. Would it be a bad idea to add another one, or another type of fish? I really don't know my options with fish in a pico.

utf-8BSU1BRzA0OTMuanBn.jpg

a few more pictures. anyone know what the pink zoa's are called? They look much better under cree's... cant wait till I start using mine.

utf-8BSU1BRzA1MDIuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzA1MDcuanBn.jpg

The YCG will grow in confidence particularly if you get it eating. I feed mine freeze dried cyclopeeze, just a tweezer pinch full most days. Also eats frozen brine shrimp (in fact loves it), but interestingly won't touch mysis shrimp, even if cut into small pieces.

Personally I only have a YCG in each tank (2x 3G picos), and I believe they wouldn't do well with another yCG in the tank .. but perhaps something else suitably small.

when my tubs blue zoa's are all closed it looks like they all have zoa pox. I'm so sad, those were some of my fav ones! I'm guessing that's why they were so cheap from a lfs. Should I just take them out now so my other zoa's don't get them or order stuff for treatment and hope it doesn't spread?

hmm I haven't really done much with my back chambers, 1 is filled with the pump and heater. the other 2 have a tiny bit of rubble rock and some filter floss. any suggestions of what should go in them?

how often do I clean/replace/take out the stuff back there? I normally just change the floss whenever i see it dirty.. no idea how/when to do anything else

yay delivery today...koralia nano 240, some bsi ic-gel glue that said it works underwater but i guess it doesn't, some Furan-2 for my tubs blue zoa's with pox :( and some cyclop-eeze for my clown goby!

when i added the new pump this guy started to come out, do they like more flow?

IMAG0516.jpg?gl=US

stars are funny little things. they appear out of the blue most of the time for me.

I was happy when I first got it, was a hh on a zoa frag, but I don't really know much about them. It's only about a inch and a half across.

Could someone please tell me if what I have are zoa's or palys, or both? Theres some close-ups on the first 2 pages. I've read that a circle mouth is a zoa and a long/line mouth is a pally but i'm not too sure of that because the 'tubs blue zoas' people say I have are zoa's but they have a line type mouth. thanks for any help!

yay new stuff. ai nano light, very nice stubby clown, torch(hope he will host it someday), I think pink pulsing xenia, and meteor shower cyphastrea.

IMAG0553.jpg

Ah I see, I was hesitant at first because of some of the pictures I seen online. But wow the color is a million times better in person. that pic its only at 25%

Archived