Coral Vue Hydros

ThatDude's 29g Biocube Build

ThatDude

Rollermonkey
Thanks! It took numerous attempts to get it to stay

Did you build that arch dry first? Or was this an underwater epoxy job?

Need deets!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you build that arch dry first? Or was this an underwater epoxy job?

Need deets!

:lol: Underwater job. when I started the tank it was just a big pile of rocks! The two pillars are pretty wide so it was easy to keep the arch stable when working with it. I think total I have 7 chunks of rock that all happened to work well holding each other up.

Rollermonkey

Cool.

Wife is taking the 2YO on a playdate tomorrow.

It's Scaping Day!

I have the BIG tube of CoralGlue and 3 packages of Aquascape epoxy putty.

...and a big plastic drop cloth.

Aquascaping was one of the most difficult things I had to do with this tank. It took months of staring and moving and removing before I was at a solid stopping point. My wife thought I was losing my mind because I would stare at rocks in water for a hour...

Rollermonkey

I believe it.

I don't think I'm going to get many opportunities, and I'm going to go nuts with the epoxy, so I guess I better get it right enough the first try.

;)

• 1 month later...

Took some pictures with my Galaxy and played with the exposure time a bit. Probably best pictures I've taken of the tank with my phone...

24nmmag.jpg

2wovhgh.jpg

2zdtbo5.jpg

We used the same upgrades haha! MJ1200, 3 Pano Pros on mine too! Good lookin tank as well!

Thanks! What pros did you go with? I wanted to go with more sps but I don't want to spend the money on a nice piece and have it not make it. I'll be in chicago at the end of the month and when I come back I might start looking for a nice frag of sps and see if I can keep it thrivin'

So I've been thinking about doing something different with the tank lately since upgrading to a different set up is not an option. I would really like to keep sps in the top part of the tank and have a real nice mixed reef. When I get back into town and after I go back to work I'm thinking about a few purchases.

1. Mp10

2. AquaticLife 115

3. Ato for a little more stable parameters

After reading other threads I think this is what I need to do to get my tank where I want it to be.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice looking tank. I am starting up a new Biocube 29 this weekend and have been doing some reading.

Can you please post a pic of the back of your BC29?

Thanks, John

Archived