Cultivated Reef

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron
How's your little guy doing? I actually was able to find one locally, guess they have had a waiting list on these guys for 6 months! I got my pick of 2 of them though! LOL

Mine has found a hole and is currently hiding! But I see him pop his head out every few min to check out the area around him.

He's good, he's still a bit iffy lol, going from hole to hole though, & his camp has eased up a bit so that tells me he is not as stressed!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good! Mine is getting braver already coming about 1/2 way out and checking the new world of his out. LOL

Camo on mine is all gone already, IDK he seems very pleased! Think yours is smaller right? On the tiny size?

SouthFlorida_Tron
Good! Mine is getting braver already coming about 1/2 way out and checking the new world of his out. LOL

Camo on mine is all gone already, IDK he seems very pleased! Think yours is smaller right? On the tiny size?

Ya mine is tiny, fresh!

Tron...... I'm really likin' the new tank.

I know you have a clam already, but you gotta see this because when I saw it, and right off the bat I immediately thought of you, this would be perfect!

I was on Divers Den and looking at their "Deals and Steals" section and Lo and Behold.... I came across one of the most beautiful clam I've seen in a looong time:

claml.jpg

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemD...amp;ddid=136139

He is right. THIS IS A TRON CLAM. YOU MUST GET ONE.

BTW, That midas is tronlike as well. Very cool.

Everything in this tank is Tron-like! Love it!

I think you should add that clam as well. Would look like a Information Disk from the movie in your tank. ;)

SouthFlorida_Tron
He is right. THIS IS A TRON CLAM. YOU MUST GET ONE.

BTW, That midas is tronlike as well. Very cool.

lol, the LFS has a few similar, in a few weeks i will most likely cuz my clam is derasa with browns, now i want a blue one!

Everything in this tank is Tron-like! Love it!

I think you should add that clam as well. Would look like a Information Disk from the movie in your tank. ;)

lol ^^^

also, just fed the tank and this guy is a fatso, fought the cleaner for pellets hahahahaha....

managed to grab a few shhots of him swimmin, will post soon before work!

SouthFlorida_Tron
Hey tron,

What kind of glue/epoxy do you use to secure your frags?

Btw, THE NEW TANK LOOKS SICK!

Hey! thanks!

I use a putty from InTank, not sure the brand... could be aquastickit or something... & a bit of loctite super glue gel, with cyanoacrylite as the ingredient!

SouthFlorida_Tron
ok. thanks! I've got the ecotech glue but the putty i've got sucks! I think I may order some of that. Looks like it works for you

Go to Stevie T's site, he sells it for like $6-7

Great pics man! Love that he is out and about a bit! I should try to feed them a bit today and see what he does, he is in a different spot now, guess he is getting braver. ;)

SouthFlorida_Tron
Great pics man! Love that he is out and about a bit! I should try to feed them a bit today and see what he does, he is in a different spot now, guess he is getting braver. ;)

Feeding will do the trick! He's not shy around food at all!

Not only did he chase the food around the shrimp & clowns, but then swam around!

Feeding will do the trick! He's not shy around food at all!

Not only did he chase the food around the shrimp & clowns, but then swam around!

Yeah now mine won't stay hidden, he just darts back for a second then is out again!

What a sick little fish! Out and about already, I think that is the quickest acclimation I have had in forever!

I wish you could take pics of my tank....

Lol yeah. I can only have one hobby at a time... One I spend $ on that is. Hey get a fat tip this weekend and buy me an slr for Xmas!

SouthFlorida_Tron
Yeah now mine won't stay hidden, he just darts back for a second then is out again!

What a sick little fish! Out and about already, I think that is the quickest acclimation I have had in forever!

Ya too bad im at work, i would love to see him roaming around.....

what do you think of extending the photoperiod a bit?

I wish you could take pics of my tank....

If u get a camera & lens i can teach exactly how :)

Lol yeah. I can only have one hobby at a time... One I spend $ on that is. Hey get a fat tip this weekend and buy me an slr for Xmas!

Im getting a fat tip to pay off my own! lol

what do you think of extending the photoperiod a bit?

??? IDK I have upped it the last 3 days by an hour a day from 6 to 7 to 8 and 9 today. Tomorrow will be from 9-8 as I work at 10 and I am not sure I can get home at 1 to turn them on. But I need to get the lights on longer. After about 8 hours the Froggies poop and then go to sleep, So I was doing it slowly.

What kind of time are you running you lights on?

SouthFlorida_Tron

•White/Blue/Royal Blue

20/50/50 @ 2pm 60min ramp

50/60/60 @ 4pm 30min ramp

75/75/75 @ 530pm 30min ramp

50/60/60 @ 630pm 30min ramp

20/50/50 @ 9pm 60min ramp

0/1/0 @ 1030pm 15min ramp (my lunar phase)

0/0/0 off @ 3am

Thought maybe extend the 9pm one an extra 2 hours

SouthFlorida_Tron
That's a nice little midas blennie you got there.

Thanks man, he is dope, can't wait to see him out and about playing tomorrow... All it took was food to get him to fly out of his hole and exploring the tank lol

Thanks man, he is dope, can't wait to see him out and about playing tomorrow... All it took was food to get him to fly out of his hole and exploring the tank lol

The way to a man's heart! LOL

Seriously , your tank is GREAT, and it's really like the one I want to build ,except for the back sump, which I want to be below the tank. Congratulations. I will take this evening to read all about your experiences with the SOL BLUE and other parameters.

Archived