Cultivated Reef

{insert-user}+{insert-tank} = topic_title

siwelk

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Officially managed to make it through BF without spending a dime.

Now who's got the best Small Business Saturday deals besides Jerome?

:lol:

Following this one as I'm a sucker for a well-written thread (rarity). I use Expedit stuff for my LPs' as well, good stuff.

I put that envelope under that garbage.

Can't wait to see this thing start!

Thanks for tagging along. I plan to be out of the conceptual stage by mid-December.

Following this one as I'm a sucker for a well-written thread (rarity). I use Expedit stuff for my LPs' as well, good stuff.

I put that envelope under that garbage.

Much appreciated. I'm actually headed to IKEA tomorrow for $20 off Expedit 2x2s.

It's amazing how perfectly sized they are for storing albums. Leave it to the Swedes.

A seemingly standard trip to IKEA to pick up Expedit 2x2s @ 50% off turned into this reefing score:

gorm-shelving-unit__16701_PE100974_S4.jpg

I got this GORM shelving unit to replace the DIY cabinet I had in mind.

• Width: 30 3/4 "
    Depth: 21 5/8 "
    Height: 68 1/2 "
    Max load/shelf: 110 lb

It's a little wider of a unit than I had been visualizing but I think it will do.

I figure I'll skin it with plywood and put a door of sorts on the front.

It should house salt, buckets, an ATO reservoir, 10g QT, and some dry goods.

Reef Room progress pics after work.

:wizard:

I saw L 7 at a small club in Germany and got to hang out with them and drink beer in the basement afterward.

The show wasn't all that great, and I got the feeling those chicks really liked...... chicks.

man.. your gonna be livin fast with that cabinet. ;)

Thanks, anything to minimize DIYing is living well.

I saw L 7 at a small club in Germany and got to hang out with them and drink beer in the basement afterward.

The show wasn't all that great, and I got the feeling those chicks really liked...... chicks.

:lol:

Not quite as sexy as The Runaways.

runaways.jpg

Well, I've never met any of them. However, I got the feeling Joan Jet liked the ladies too. I have been known to be wrong, though. LOL! I just did a google on the runaways.... I didn't realize that was Lita Ford.

Money Pit doc updated.

Just a hair under a bill, not too bad.

;)

I just did a google on the runaways.... I didn't realize that was Lita Ford.

No worries Ray. I Google 30+ year all-girl bands in the middle of the night too. :D

Cool and funny thread!! I liked the first design, but I definely agre with you on planning every step before start shopping! This is something that I had to learn the hard way on this hobby. I see your Dilema on getting the glass tank, and this is something that we don't have problems in our city - Curitiba - Brazil.

We have one of the best factories for Glass customized aquariums here - Check their website, everytime I go there (and usually only LFS should be allowed there) i get crazy with all the options they have. http://www.artinvidros.com.br/estoque.html

This is something that we can consider "cheap" and easy here, everything else (light, food, equipements, etc etc etc) is much worthier in US.

Good Luck

Anyone who's patiently waiting for this build to start, please feel free to send your feedback to:

frankw@aquariumdesigngroup.com

and ask him to get my 75-P taken care of.

I've been waiting two weeks to place an order.

And been getting the 'ol slow play from him.

This thread is like watching paint dry. :D

Tell me about it.

I was hoping to have an FTS a week ago...

Which part of the Hoosier state would you happen to be from?

Hey. This is an awesome thread. I'm planing out the same setup believe it or not. I'm still debating between the 75-P and the 60-H(45). I don't know if the Radion would cover that extra 3" each side. I've been trying to get a hold of Frank from ADG with a few emails but so far no response except for the very first email asking when they're getting a new shipment in(January).

I hope to see your tank up first and let me know how the lighting is.

hope to see your build come along soon man! I see you're taking advantage of that new ikea in centennial too lol nice

Thanks. I'm right off of I25...it's just too tempting lol.

Hey. This is an awesome thread. I'm planing out the same setup believe it or not. I'm still debating between the 75-P and the 60-H(45). I don't know if the Radion would cover that extra 3" each side. I've been trying to get a hold of Frank from ADG with a few emails but so far no response except for the very first email asking when they're getting a new shipment in(January).

I hope to see your tank up first and let me know how the lighting is.

Yup, that was my concern with the 75-P too.

I liked the 60-H(45) also but it was out of stock.

I think a Radion over a 60-H(45) would be $$.

I heard he was expecting a shipment in Jan.

I'm not sure what's going on with him lately.

I'd really like to get this going before mid-Jan and not having tank dims is jacking up my other projects.

Custom CADlights Artisan Series??

Things that make you go,

Cool and funny thread!! I liked the first design, but I definely agre with you on planning every step before start shopping! This is something that I had to learn the hard way on this hobby. I see your Dilema on getting the glass tank, and this is something that we don't have problems in our city - Curitiba - Brazil.

We have one of the best factories for Glass customized aquariums here - Check their website, everytime I go there (and usually only LFS should be allowed there) i get crazy with all the options they have. http://www.artinvidros.com.br/estoque.html

This is something that we can consider "cheap" and easy here, everything else (light, food, equipements, etc etc etc) is much worthier in US.

Good Luck

Wow.

They do some pretty cool custom jobs.

I'm always interested in international aquarium culture.

Thanks for popping in from Brazil.

;)

OMG Dinosaurs! That's old skool! Hmmm

I like the dimensions on the 75-P better than that of the 60-H. The 60-H just isn't quite a cube but isn't quite a Long either. If shipping is significantly lower than the 75-P and the price is the same as a 60-H(30) then I'd definitely take the 60-H(45). I think there's a thread on here that the guy got the 60-H(45) for the same price as the 60-H(30) from Frank. I'm in no hurry and can wait till Jan.

I think the exact dimensions are just tad bit off from the dimensions listed. My 30-C is a little shy of 12". Same with my 60-F

Here are some pictures:

30-C

30c1.jpg

60-F

Length

60f1.jpg

Width

60f2.jpg

Hope that helps you in figuring out dimensions. If only we can do a group buy from ADG. :D

OMG Dinosaurs! That's old skool! Hmmm

I like the dimensions on the 75-P better than that of the 60-H. The 60-H just isn't quite a cube but isn't quite a Long either. If shipping is significantly lower than the 75-P and the price is the same as a 60-H(30) then I'd definitely take the 60-H(45). I think there's a thread on here that the guy got the 60-H(45) for the same price as the 60-H(30) from Frank. I'm in no hurry and can wait till Jan.

I think the exact dimensions are just tad bit off from the dimensions listed. My 30-C is a little shy of 12". Same with my 60-F

Hope that helps you in figuring out dimensions. If only we can do a group buy from ADG. :D

Dinosaurs FTW!

Take your American Dancing with the X Factor and shove it.

Thanks for the pics.

I've been itching to start my stand build, but was holding off until I could measure it exactly.

You're about to have an ADA garden in that bish.

Group Buy @ ADG would be so tight.

I'd take a free mat at this point.

@$ this.

Frank @ ADG won't communicate for chit.

George @ AFA just jacked his prices across the board.

Green Leaf is out-of-stock of the 63-S and wants a first-born to ship a 91-L.

I'm calling Eddie @ CADlights.

See if someone can do the damn thing.

Archived