My 15 gallon

FishingInMyNano

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That tank is f-ing awesome!

I do have one question..

I was thinking about gettng a 10 gallon and doing that. I already have Coralife Powerquad 96wat lighting on hold at my lfs. Do you think that would be enough for a 15 gallon long?

FishingInMyNano

Spasticat, I don't know what the exact key is to getting the GSP to grow faster... but I can tell you that I have my gsp in moderate flow sitting on the substrate, and it seems to be spreading quite rapidly. Just make sure your water quality is good, and they should do fine. Star polyps IME spread just as fast as Xenia, and are easy to keep.

noonan, Thanks for the compliment! :blush:

The 96w over a 15long will be fine (softies, LPS will do fine). I also have that Coralife fixture on my 17gal, and I find that the stock coralife bulb is too purple/yellow for my liking. I also dont like not being able to have 10k&Actnics on seperate switches for dawn dusk. I wonder if anyone has a picture of the CSL bulb, or even the hellolight bulb in that fixture ?

Some things have changed in my tank since last post. I Wanted to experiment with some SPS under my 130w PC lighting, so I purchased two frags, a orange monti cap and a bali slimer. The tank is only 12" deep with a 2.5"-3" sand bed, and I have them placed about 3 inches from the surface and they are under direct flow. Its been about 2 weeks and so far so good, the orange cap is maintaing its color and even coloring up in areas. updates soon to come.

Here are some new red zoos

FishingInMyNano

Bali Green Slimer. The slimer hasnt lost any color under my PCs, and the polyps are extending nicely.

I also started dosing Bionic to keep my CA levels up. It seems to love cyclopeese. Hopefully ill see some growth out of this sucker.

FishingInMyNano

This ones for you Spasticat. It's grown a lot since the picture from above. You can see the coraline is starting to build up nicely.

Beautiful tank, the aquascaping is great. I started up a 15L about

a little over 2 weeks ago. It's progressing nicely, I'll be happy if it turns out

half as nice as yours. Where do you get your corals from? I've been to all

the LFS in my area and I haven't seen any interesting zoo's, Ricordia or Blasto's.

Once again nice tank!!

RD

FishingInMyNano

Reefdiver: Thanks for the nice words. Much of the livestock is from the LFS and Local reefers, do you guys have a local reef club? Also, most of the rics are from an order of blowfishaquatics.com, bryan is a great guy to deal with.

Cellenzweig: I had been searching for a piece of Blasto wellsi for quite sometime now, and I finally found a piece. The picture only shows half the colony. The other half is pink with a orange/gold metallic tint, unfortuanetly the piece was damaged during transport. I managed to salvage 1/3 of it, hopefully the rest will some day grow back.

very nice tank. i love plate corals especially yours. i wanted a green one. but i ahvent seen any worth buying, they dont look as green as that! so i went along with an orange one;) . very nice tank. what lighting are you running?

FishingInMyNano

I have the 24" CSL 130pc over the tank.

I love fungias, definetly one of my favorites. I still want a small orange fungia if I can find one.

heres another picture showing the monti cap....I got this guy about 2" from the surface and under direct flow, and he seems to be pretty happy...some spots that started off white are now turning a dull orange, I hope thats a sign of good health.

be carful with taht monti. once he starts encrusting he wont stop. just a little heads up for that neighboring....acro is that? yes plates own. nice wrasse, i have same one about the same size too! i also purchased a 1/2 percula last night! good job and nice pics

FishingInMyNano

Thanks for the heads up! The picture makes it seem closer than it really is. But don't worry... I'll move them just to be safe anyway :)

FishingInMyNano

heres a side shot. You can see the other half of the blastomussa colony that was salvaged from a tragedy during transportation.

Hey, thanks for posting your tank. It pushed me over the edge to finally replace my MB7. I bought a 15 long today and have a 70w HQI retro and 32w actinic 03 on the way. Summer project! Anyway, your tank is truely the epitome of a nano-reef. Amazing.

FishingInMyNano

Hey thanks cpreefguy!

Let me know when you have pictures of your new tank. I would love to see another 15L.

Here's another picture, just playing around w/ the camera B)

More pics!!! Love the pic of your dog in your gallery I've got a year old Italian Greyhound that looks almost identical except for a little more brown around his eye and more pronounced ticking, very cute puppy.

Reefdiver: Thanks for the nice words. Much of the livestock is from the LFS and Local reefers, do you guys have a local reef club? Also, most of the rics are from an order of blowfishaquatics.com, bryan is a great guy to deal with.

Thanks for the info FishninMyNano...Those new pics are

awsome, love the Shrooms, Zoo's and Ric's. We have a

reef club for the state back here, but the meetings move

and the drives can be anywhere from 50 to 200 miles

some I'm thinking about joining and catching the close

shows, their having a frag swap in september. I've checked

out E-Bay and thelogicalreef.com, I seen some nice stuff and

I'm going to be ordering some things soon. I just bought

a Cpr 12" refugium and I'm getting Chaeto. I'm looking forward

to seeing the results. As my 15L goes it's doing good and

is 3 week old, I've been through several algae bloom albeit

short live and my clean crew has done an awsome job (Kodo's)

I think the cycle is complete 0 Ammonia, 0 trites, .10 ppm trates,

PH 8.1, SG 1.024. Can't wait to start stocking it, I hope I can

make it awsome, your aquarium has really inspired me.:)__________________________________________________

FishingInMyNano

Thanks guys, thats a HUGE compliment! Glad you guys enjoy the tank as much as I do.

I scored on a interesting yuma today. under my lights the yuma has a bright purple/violet base. Ill post a pic when it opens up.

Archived