SaltCritters.com

Coldwater Livestock from my night collecting trip.

AquaticEngineer

AquaticEngineer
Soo many awesome fish! omgomgomg

Have you had many casualties since you caught them?

Lost a lot of the tubesnouts, not hardly any of the pipefish though.

Most of the losses of the tubesnouts occured at the business end of a small school of black rockfish that I have in the tank, I've been trying to get them out ever since. I've only managed to get 2 of the 4 out and into the sump tank system.

Didn't lose any of the gunnels, and apparently the majority of the cockscombs we collected where paired up to mate and are still paired up in the tank :D

The biggest casualties have been shore crabs being fed to the octopus, that guy is a pig ;)

Nice looking fish. Almost all the same species I see down here in Humboldt Bay. Out of curiosity, what kind of collection permit did you get, and how much was it? I am not familiar with the OR regs.

Colby

AquaticEngineer
Nice looking fish. Almost all the same species I see down here in Humboldt Bay. Out of curiosity, what kind of collection permit did you get, and how much was it? I am not familiar with the OR regs.

Colby

For personal us in Oregon to collect fish all you need is your current sport fishing license and follow the limits and gear used to collect them outline in the marine regulations.

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/fish/docs/2011_...e_Fish_Regs.pdf

To collect most of the invertebrates we are looking for you dont need anything. No fishing license, no shellfish license. Just adhere to to limits which are posted in the marine section of the current sport fishing regulations.

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/MRP/shellfish/regulations.asp

AquaticEngineer
Nice. I need to move to Oregon.

No need, I'll be licensed and permitted to wholesale and retail my livestock as of January 1st 2012.

Just send me your wish list and I'll do my best to fill it :D

Archived