SaltCritters.com

jcastle's picotope

jcastle

Mike posted pictures of my new tank on the Micro-Reefs.com thread. It should be here tomorrow or Monday.

Here's a sneak peek of my tank with the lighting unit that they're supplying.

20faq1h.jpg

Better look at the light: Daylight, Actinic and moonlight all controllable separately.

wvr0bc.jpg

For a size comparison, that's mine on the left, with an 8 gallon in the middle and a 4 gallon on the right.

11mc08o.jpg

It's going to be a sick setup with an AC70 filter with an InTank media basket to make it a filter/fuge. MP10 powerhead and my ReefKeeper Lite to control the lighting and heater. It's going to be nothing short of stunning. I just started to figure out how much I'm spending on this tank... don't ask. LOL.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh man! that's going to be sick when you set that up! lol i spend a lot on just the little 3 gallon pico so i understand how much you are getting into lol plus you got that mp10 and those are crazy pricey. are you goin to hang that light?

here's a sneak peak at my new tank, i'll be starting a new thread for this one soon!

filling

post-70302-1326756242_thumb.jpg

LR scape, minimalist look

post-70302-1326756269_thumb.jpg

Ooh looks cool. What type of livestock?

pair of clowns, a goby or two and some small colorful schooling fish

and of course, coral

i have a link to my 20 long thread if you want to follow it

you've already started a new tank!

that didn't tank very long

haha i couldn't help myself lol i went to petco with my buddy to get something for his snake and they had tanks on sale so i had to do it. the link's in my sig

Haha, Awesome! We're both building our tanks on the same day!

lol i know crazy timing

I'll take a picture of the pico tomorrow but nothing has changed with it everything is going smooth so that's good.

I did start the thread for the 20 its in my signature. Follow along!

update pictures!!! she's looking really good!! i don't think i'll merge this one with the 20 long but there is still time so i might change my mind.

IMAG0099.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

IMAG0102.jpg

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0104.jpg

That's looking really good. I have that same kind of red mushroom in my pico, it's been splitting off and making new mushrooms every couple weeks.

You should be able to frag up all of those softies and add bits of them to your new tank.

there is plenty of that kenya tree coral for sure lol that stuff grows like a weed. and the gsp has grown some and it looks like the zoas are starting to spread around too

my red mushroom has some brightly colored orange spots on it today. there are only two, but what does that mean? is that normal? is it makin more mushrooms?

Archived