Cultivated Reef

exosket's 40G artisan

exosket

almost a month later and not much new to report. just been moving stuff around, still trying to figure out where everyone will stay permanently. some random photos below!

3-4-12_02.jpg

most recent FTS - 4.5 months old

3-4-12_01.jpg

3-4-12_03.jpg

attempting a ricordea garden

3-4-12_04.jpg

the boyfriend's new blastos

3-4-12_06.jpg

requested photo of the sump

3-4-12_05.jpg

felt like this needed a caption, but couldn't think of a clever one...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WOW, what an awesome looking tank. good work!

Thank you!

Word.

: )

This is MY BTA sunshine, scram

LOL sunshine!! love it.

• 2 months later...

The tank is now about 7 months old. Many deaths since the last update. : ( Temp went way up one day which was enough to RTN my milli, stylo, magenta birdsnest and monti. I tried to save as much of the milli as I could by fragging it.. so we'll see. The only SPS unaffected was the bird of paradise. Scape change as well. Trying the island look out. Left side might eventually be an anemone island. The RBTAs split again so now I have three and looking like a forth might be on the way! I'm really going to try not to move stuff around anymore...

5_15_12_1.jpg

5_15_12_2.jpg

5_15_12_3.jpg

new orange plate.

5_15_12_4.jpg

tres houses

5_15_12_5.jpg

new lobo(?)

5_15_12_6.jpg

new hat for the halloween urchin.

5_15_12_7.jpg

5_15_12_8.jpg

shrimp hang out.

Holy crap this tank is gorgeous! I love the new scape, I'm going to try an island scape in my 120. How do you like the ai's? They are on my list of equipment for my build. Like others have said this looks bigger than 40 gallons. Love it!

Wow the tank looks amazing! Established, yet clean!

May I ask what camera/len(es) you're using? Great pictures and great tank :)

god i love this tank. top 5 tanks on nano reef.

wow, thank you! I appreciate that. : D

This is a very nice tank. Does look bigger than a 40. Nice Job.

thanks!

what fuge light is that btw?

Its by ADA. You can find it here. really slick and well made.

Holy crap this tank is gorgeous! I love the new scape, I'm going to try an island scape in my 120. How do you like the ai's? They are on my list of equipment for my build. Like others have said this looks bigger than 40 gallons. Love it!

Thanks! I love the AIs, especially how they look with the rimless. i've seen really wonderful growth since i've been using them and i'm glad i chose them. : )

Wow the tank looks amazing! Established, yet clean!

May I ask what camera/len(es) you're using? Great pictures and great tank :)

Thank you : )

I mostly use the Canon 5D Mark II with the 24-70 L lens and sometimes the canon s95 point and shoot. I get great results with both- and the point and shoot has great macro.

... tang?

yessir. that's my rescue tang. I took the tang when she was emaciated thinking i'll at least try to save her and give her some dignity, and she made a full recovery. I do plan on giving her to a good home once she gets a little bigger.

5_15_12_5.jpg

new lobo(?)

looks to me...acanthophyllia

great, thanks!

Looking awesome as usual. Sorry to hear about the deaths due to temperature, do you have a chiller or controller for the summer? And are you coming to the swap this weekend? Missed you at the MA shopping spree.

Looking awesome as usual. Sorry to hear about the deaths due to temperature, do you have a chiller or controller for the summer? And are you coming to the swap this weekend? Missed you at the MA shopping spree.

Hey! I went to the MA shopping spree late that day around three and george told me everyone left! That's the day i bought the plate. : ) Sorry i missed everyone! Oh, but i did have a donut. hehe

I don't think i'll be going to the swap this weekend. Sunday is the day i'm supposed to leave for a week. I really want to go though so we'll see.

As far as the temperature.. i don't know what i'll do. My old tank was really close to the window that had the AC in it, but this tank isn't. Wish we had central air here..damn these pre-war buildings! What do you do about temp?

I just bought an Apex Jr which controls the heater (that is not needed now) and controls a clip on fan. Temperature stays within 1-2 degrees of where I want it. I am using a small fan for now but as it gets hotter, this is the fan I have on standby:

1309fbdc-3645-4309-9067-14a1134261c1_300.jpg

It's a clip on fan available at homedepot and amazon.

Gotham-Aquatics is offering 10% off Apex for the swap (can have it shipped or you or pick up, he's in the city), tell Tito that Kat sent you.

I just bought an Apex Jr which controls the heater (that is not needed now) and controls a clip on fan. Temperature stays within 1-2 degrees of where I want it. I am using a small fan for now but as it gets hotter, this is the fan I have on standby:

1309fbdc-3645-4309-9067-14a1134261c1_300.jpg

It's a clip on fan available at homedepot and amazon.

Gotham-Aquatics is offering 10% off Apex for the swap (can have it shipped or you or pick up, he's in the city), tell Tito that Kat sent you.

Awesome, Thanks Kat! : )

• 1 month later...

Can you post closer pictures of how you hung your lights and possibly how you set it up? I am looking to do the same thing with my current build and I would appreciate some ideas/advice. Thanks

Archived