Red Mushrooms

Purple Hairy Mushroom

Green Polyp Colony

Colt Coral

Open Brain

Branching Hammer

Flower Pot

Pipe Organ

Damn! thats all stock and no mods?? You need to send those pics to the boys a jbj. Your tank says more than any amount of advertising they could post. JBJ needs to be paying you some $$.

Great work.

Hey, thanks.

Great idea, by the way. Maybe JBJ can furnish me with the prototype to their yet-to-be released Nano Part 2, which is circulating in the rumor mill.

Hell yes Stingray, Send them your pics of your unmoded one (get them copywritted first), Then ask them to send you the new proto ype24 gal tank or the one they were saying with upgraded lighting. You could work the bugs out for them and geta free tank , and with your skills hell they get all the free advertising. Then again you could most likely make a Mayo Jar look just as good. You got the real "blue thumb"

Originally posted by apophis924

You got the real "blue thumb"

Well... the symbiotic algae that makes corals grow is brown... :P

hehe Stingray's got a brown thumb.

DitchPlains

Love the pics...what type of camera did you use to take them? How often do you clean your glass? Do you use a clarifyer to remove floating particles in the water? Did you edit the pics at all, etc...? Anyways, great job on the varying types of coral, and aquascaping. I wish I could take good photos of my tank, my pics suck. ok take care.

(What type of camera did you use?) Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-U20

(How often do you clean your glass?) Maybe once or twice a week

(Do you use a clarifyer to remove floating particles in the water?) No, just carbon and very frequent water changes. It's completely stock with the foam blocks, bio balls and ceramic rings. I just rinse everything out weekly.

(Did you edit the pics at all, etc...?) I adjusted the brightness and contrast slightly, but it looks accurate to what you would see in real life.

(Anyways, great job on the varying types of coral, and aquascaping.) I appreciate it, thanks.

CT nano reefer

hey stingray....awsome tank!..just wanted to inquire about your sand bed...what kind of sand is it, and where did ya purchase it?...thanx JIM

Stingray, I have an empty JBJ nano ready to be created. Your tank is an inspiration. I keep reading about all the mods people are making and I keep wondering "why?"

Great tank

DitchPlains

Tom being a Nano Cube owner and tweaker, I can only say because many of us love the mods, we love tweaking and fiddling with our tanks to make them perfect or just better then they started out. I have added retrofit lights to my tank and I am working on a full 96 watt retrofit. I also changed the media in the back to suit my needs, and my biolad, as well becuase I want to use media I know to work. (ie Purigen, Black Diamons Carbon, and live rock) Thirdly, not all of us have our tanks setup like Stingray's mind you his is beautiful, but I have a lot more live rock and more fish, plus more current, so for me my media had to suit that setup. Here's a pic

That's a great looking tank DitchPlains. My LFS does sell small pieces of LR and I was going to replace the bio-balls and ceramic rings with that plus add a heater. I also bought an AquaClear 301 powerhead to keep the surface moving and add some water movement. How difficult is it to add additional lighting? I don't want to do any major modifications to the tank itself...just the small things that will increase its performance and create a more hospitable environment for my future critters.

Archived