Coral Vue Hydros

Yoshii's 55g Makeover » Second Time's the Charm!

yoshii

No, I actually guess. :D

You'll probably get some crap out of rocks, like brittle stars. I don't think any other pests would be on it, but let us know if you find any so you can expose the devious person that sold you the new stuff! :P

I'm dipping everything :)

Dude I just had to take out a big rock so your Red Cappy would fit

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Euphyllia
Dude I just had to take out a big rock so your Red Cappy would fit

*Red'n'Crappy Cappy ;)

Haha. I had it at the top middle of my tank and it was growing into other SPS so much that I had to regularly break chunks off. It's pretty big... But there's all that RTN crap in the middle of it under the main part so its like weird. I started that back in February of 2011 as a 1" frag. :P

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the Fanny Pack of Wolves birdie is also called Tripod of Whales by some people.

So, updates:

-Got new corals, a lot of them!

-Replaced Aquablue Special (a white bulb) with a Blue+

-Took out a rock

-Moved Lyretail Anthias & Gramma to display

Pictures!

IMG_4885.jpg

Red Firefish

IMG_4971.jpg

One of the new frags from 2 weeks ago

IMG_5016.jpg

Experimented with top-down shots, but reflection is killer. This is Euphy's Purple Birdsnest

IMG_5018.jpg

Euphy's Ring of Fire and GBP Zoas

IMG_5020.jpg

This monti was severely bleached with I got it, now it's getting its color back :)

IMG_4947.jpg

Both Scooters are obsessed with inspecting anything new I put in the tank for days

IMG_5023.jpg

New Undata

IMG_5027.jpg

Sorry not such a great pic, but I had to show blue pretty this Sympodium looks top-down!

IMG_5029.jpg

My GBP zoas are greener than ever, but I'm hoping with the bulb change they'll get their orange centers back

IMG_4887.jpg

The male clownfish usually only comes out the 2-3 days between spawns, poor guy

Euphyllia

NOOOOOOOOO! Did you put the stuff with the algae in the tank? :scarry:

I'm not sure how the stuff got in my tank, but it spreads... But turbos take it out. Get a bunch of turbos in there, they'll eat that stuff. And have the zoas not opened up yet? They were open fine in my tank... Weird. I had some WC zoas do that when I added them to my BC29HQI a while back, so maybe its the same thing. Hopesfully they does okeh.

And do you like the shiny pink zoas? You can call those like Euphy's Sparkle Shine Shiny Sparkley Pinky Pie Rainbow Dash Applejack Fluttershy Rarity Potato Zoas! :D

NOOOOOOOOO! Did you put the stuff with the algae in the tank? :scarry:

I'm not sure how the stuff got in my tank, but it spreads... But turbos take it out. Get a bunch of turbos in there, they'll eat that stuff. And have the zoas not opened up yet? They were open fine in my tank... Weird. I had some WC zoas do that when I added them to my BC29HQI a while back, so maybe its the same thing. Hopesfully they does okeh.

Hahaha it's all good, I didn't have any turbos in my quarantine, but I have them in my display :)

No they did, the scooters just felt like sitting on them before I took the picture

Thanks again for the insane amount of coral, I didn't expect so much :lol:

Euphyllia
Hahaha it's all good, I didn't have any turbos in my quarantine, but I have them in my display :)

No they did, the scooters just felt like sitting on them before I took the picture

Thanks again for the insane amount of coral, I didn't expect so much :lol:

Yeah, well I need to get some of the stuff gone. I sold the picasso, so now that I have gotten all of the nice stuff out, I can take it down. If you know anyone that would want the Black Ocellaris, LMK... Nobody wants to buy them! :(

Builder Anthony

wow totaly havent visted the large tank section and forgot all about yoshi for like a few months lol.Your pictures in here are looking crisp.im going to do some poking around in here to look at all the stuff you got in here.

wow totaly havent visted the large tank section and forgot all about yoshi for like a few months lol.Your pictures in here are looking crisp.im going to do some poking around in here to look at all the stuff you got in here.

Lol thanks, I got a new camera! :)

I'm going to be posting some more pics tomorrow

Euphyllia
I'm going to be posting some more pics tomorrow

Post pics of the Euphy's Red'n'Crappy Cappy and the Euphy's (Witty Name) Rhodactis! :o

Oh, and take pics of alto's new sponge. :D

Lol just realized I forgot to post this one

IMG_5051.jpg

Euphy, I think they're just of the Yasha and some coral, it's just some sitting on my other SD card from the other day

Euphyllia
Lol just realized I forgot to post this one

IMG_5051.jpg

Euphy, I think they're just of the Yasha and some coral, it's just some sitting on my other SD card from the other day

Ohay, that's the cap! It looks pretty red in your tank... :o

I see the part that I knocked some chunks off of when handling it lawl... :P

Need to know how you are getting flawless pics of moving fish?

Have a fast shutter speed (at least 1/125 for slower fish) and take lots of pictures :)

great stuff man, keep it up

*woman

Lol if you look at it from just the right angle it doesnt look too to bad

If you kinda like close one eye, turn your head a bit to the left and the shut your other eye, it looks great!

Teehee, I kid, I kid. It doesn't look that bad. It's as chill as a blue otter pop. :P

I dosed the first dose of B-Ionic last week for all the new coral, I just tested it today... 5.5dKH :scarry::eek:

But the red cap definitely has gotten it's color back and is starting to grow

knives2886

Tank looks nice. What combo did you end up using for your light setup? blue plus and fiji purple? or stuck with aqua blue?

Tank looks nice. What combo did you end up using for your light setup? blue plus and fiji purple? or stuck with aqua blue?

Thanks, right now the order (from front to back) is

ATI Blue Plus

UVL Aquasun

ATI Blue Plus

ATI Blue Plus (Used to be an Aqua Blue Special

UVL Actinic White

ATI Blue Plus

So many Blue Pluses lol

I want to try replacing one of the Blue Pluses with a Coral Plus or Fiji Purple if I can get one

Got some new stuff today,

Coral:

-Red Cyphastrea

-Green Acro

-Rainbow Monti

-Red Blasto

-Hollywood Stunner Chalice

Inverts:

-Trapezius Acro Crab

-The cutest conch

And yet there are no pictures.

Lights were already off when I put them in the tank

Once they settle in I'll get some pics

I should be posting some pics of the corals I got from Euphy/other newish ones soon, they've been sitting on my computer for a while

Archived