Coral Vue Hydros

Astrea snail has some bumps on shell

metrokat

irondragon013

I have no idea but it looks like something that won't hurt the snail. Stuff grows on snails all the time. My buddy had an astrea with GHA growing on it. It looked like a christmas tree.

I have a hermit with so many Spirorbidae worms on him that it looks like a small forest. His shell is literally furry. I wouldn't worry about that stuff, snails like to collect things all the time.

I took a blade and removed the "growth". The material was hard and exactly like a shell. The inside of it had the beginnings of a spiral shell formation. There was a tiny dot of soft tissue. So this looks like baby snails, except snails lay eggs don't they, how did this happen? Picture:

IMG_20111017_101429.jpg

I took a blade and removed the "growth". The material was hard and exactly like a shell. The inside of it had the beginnings of a spiral shell formation. There was a tiny dot of soft tissue. So this looks like baby snails, except snails lay eggs don't they, how did this happen? Picture:

IMG_20111017_101429.jpg

Probably just a growth on the shell. Bivalve or barnacles?

Mine have a lot of little growths like that.

^^ thank you, some more changes coming since I will now be gluing my frags to the rockwork.

Awesome! Keep posting pics of what you change in there, I love the way you have it scaped and can't wait to see what you end up doing.

I had one of those things on a Certh I got and it fell off, I would assume it was a clam as it seemed fine for a bit but fell off after about 1-2 weeks in the tank. Looked like a clam/bivalve to me.

basically you just killed a couple harmless bivalves. good job.

Pet jail is calling. Good thing I have about 7 more LARGE bi-valves in the tank.

I think another one of the snails has the same bump, where are they getting them from, they weren't there before.

At least I didn't kill a good Kenya tree like you suggested. Tree killer.

you'll be wishing you had listened when the only thing alive in your tank is Kenya tree.

lol. I like the minimalist look ;)

FWIW, those bivalve things can be a little annoying since they don't realize they're camping on the front viewing panel of your display...

you'll be wishing you had listened when the only thing alive in your tank is Kenya tree.

So they say about GSP too.

just be broke. problem solved.

well.

lol. I like the minimalist look ;)

FWIW, those bivalve things can be a little annoying since they don't realize they're camping on the front viewing panel of your display...

This is Humpty, the big daddy bi valve in my tank. He's about the size of a golf ball.

IMG_20110821_132542.jpg

Archived