inTank Media Baskets

CeramEco's Vida Rock rocks!

PinkDamsel

This review is long overdue. CeramEco makes artificial ceramic rock for use in reef aquariums, manufactured in the US.

I contacted them spring of 2010 to order a rock for my pico, and while they did not have a catalog at that time, they took the dimensions of my tank and promised to get back to me. I didn't hear from them for several weeks and contacted them again and spoke with one of the owners, who apologized profusely. They emailed some pictures and asked which I preferred, and I told them and asked them to ship as soon as possible and email me an invoice. I heard nothing for several weeks. Finally, 2 months after I first contacted them I received a package w. not 1 but 2 Vida Rocks, which they called "samples" and would not let me pay for. That's quite a gesture!

Both pieces are just equisite sculpturally, making an instant aquascape. I used an "Arch" in my pico and have ben VERY pleased with the performance and look it gives my tank. Their website has been updated from last year and they now carry a full line of many beautiful shapes, frag stations, wall panels, stackables, and custom builds. Check out their Barnacle Accessory pieces, which I would definitely get if I had another tank.

I feel that while there may have been some hiccups while they were gearing up, they handled things very graciously, and I would definitely buy from them next time.

Here is the website: http://cerameco.com/

Good to see you got some freebies, but how does a person get some of their pieces? Are there any on-line vendors? I did a Google search, but came up empty.

Good to see you got some freebies, but how does a person get some of their pieces? Are there any on-line vendors? I did a Google search, but came up empty.

Their Contact Us webpage says to contact them for a vendor. Here's the phone & email listed:

Toll Free: 800-366-3518

cerameco@cerameco.com

Don't know about prices, looks like they aren't published.

Can't offer much buffer.

How does that affect the tank? Does LR typically provide significant buffer? Sorry, I don't understand the chemistry of reefing very well yet.

FWIW, whenever I've measured pH it's always 8.2. My rock's covered in coralline. I do dose w. 2-part. And I have no idea if any of these facts are relevant! :lol:

I got an e-mail back from their customer support today.

They say that there will be an on-line vendor lined up to sell their whole line of products. Details will be out in a week or so when it happens.

They say that there will be an on-line vendor lined up to sell their whole line of products. Details will be out in a week or so when it happens.

You can order directly from them over the phone or send in a fax with the order form, I just got a Medium Grotto for my JBJ 12 gallon. Looks awesome, can't wait to fill this tank and move over my softies.

ApiratenamedJohn

I got the same email from them.

• 2 weeks later...
MyLittleGremlin

I purchased a Bonsai piece from CeramEco back in June for my BioCube 29. I paid like $75 and that was with the shipping fee. Packing material was excellent.

I like the open sandbed that the Bonsai offers. It is also offers good placement for corals.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Just ordered 3 Pieces for my 40B build, I will definitely come back to write a review once I receive them.

From the pictures, they look awesome!

Well I received my pieces of Vida Rock today (very quick shipping) and I must say, I am incredibly happy with they way they look. Plus they sent me a complimentary 5" barnacle rock and a bag of 15 "natural" looking frag plugs. I will definitely be ordering more.

Here are some pics:

Vida5.jpg

Vida4.jpg

Vida7.jpg

• 2 months later...

A local reefer used one in their 300 DD. It is pictured in the center when they first got the rock in May

http://www.flickr.com/photos/terryl93/7153600465/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/terryl93/7007627574/

Here is the tank with the rock in the same position. It was taken recently.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/terryl93/7437997566/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/terryl93/7437995620/

It looks like they collect coralline algae pretty quickly and age at the same rate as dry rock. It also looks like they only way around 3-4 lbs a rock with ok size.

I've been looking at these also, I saw them on reefcentral on somebody's build thread. They are setting up a Deep Blue 30g frag tank and had a few islands made. It looked really good. I'm looking to do the same thing and would also like to hear from anybody who has used these for any significant amount of time as these are perfect for that minimalist look.

• 5 months later...
averageguysaquatics

I just contacted them on carrying their product, Id love to try some of this on my own tank. I do have a question though... Compared to dry rock, do you need to allow it to cycle? Im getting ready to start a new build and do not want to risk anything.

Archived