inTank Media Baskets

laser or reef tank

trever223

I dont get it

why would anyone want a super expensive laser pointer? I mean, what can you even do with one?

seriously Im at a huge loss here. I was actually quite surprised so many people are in favor of the laser

You might not get it, but a lot of other people do.

I would prefer a laser especially with his circumstances. Read back. He is not suited for reef-keeping right now.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You might not get it, but a lot of other people do.

oh, thanks! now I get it!

:facepalm:

It's because lasers are awesome. They're fun, interesting, and super geeky. Not only is it fun to point powerful lasers at or through stuff, but they represent an impressive application of our understanding of modern physics. In fact, the information you are reading here (or just about any other site) will have at one point been converted to photons and blasted vast distances through glass fibers by arrays of awesome lasers that are awesome. And cool. Did I mention how awesome lasers are? And cool?

So it's just a really cool useless gadget I guess? Im definitely have my share of those but for some reason laser pointers dont really do it for me...

you cant see a laser in space since there is no air.

You realize that statement is incorrect, right? While you won't be able to see the beam in it's path of travel, you would still be able to see it on an object it hit, regardless of the vacuum of space.

So it's just a really cool useless gadget I guess? Im definitely have my share of those but for some reason laser pointers dont really do it for me...

Useless to some, useful to others. In that respect, it's really not much different than a reef tank, a tuner car, a badass 4x4, or a custom AR. They're not just shiny gadgets to their enthusiasts, they also represent a means to experiences you likely won't gain without them. The value of those experiences isn't limited to pure utility, or nobody would ever bother with any of those items. Personally, I'm a physics buff, so lasers are just as exciting to me as guns, cars, and reefs. Which are all awesome, and ****ing expensive!

BTW guys, my astronomy club uses visible beam lasers all the time to point out stars and what not. Never had a problem once. Just don't go pointing at planes.

Did anyone read the "lazer forum." Half the people there seem to have/had overstocked reef tanks.

Yeah, and apparently you can keep a clown and anemone in a 10 gallon if you test 2x daily.

:lol:

Again, under his circumstances, he is not suited for a reef tank.

Can't you understand that?

:shudder:

Archived