inTank Media Baskets

laser or reef tank

trever223

I am very bad at making decisions and sometimes I think I made up my mind but then the next hour I am thinking I want the other. I either want to put together a nice 2.5 gallon pico reef to put on my dresser or I want a jetlasers PL-C. There are many pros and cons to both I just cant make up my mind. Does anyone want to put forward a little input and the reason why I should choose that one.

Thanks

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have any reasons seeing as i don't know much about the jetlaser but i can't imagine it would hold your attention, nor be as rewarding as a reef tank. just my $.02 :)

I am a laser enthusiast. The few negatives I see for a reef is that if it fails Im out money. If I want to sell the laser I can. Lasers really are amazing (imo) if you ever get to see a high-powered green (532nm) in real life and see it pointed in the night sky it is amazing. Also another negative to a reef is that I am in high school and mom docent particularly like anything to do with fish.

what kind of lighting do you suggest for a 2.5 aga?

honestly, i know very little about lasers but I think theyre zomfg awesome...but i dont know what to do with one other than pop balloons and try to point at the moon...I really think the reef is a better idea.

then again, i think the both vote was probably smartest =P

this, then use the laser as you tank light

LOL

A high powered green laser would literally COOK any fish that was unlucky enough to swim through the beam HAHA

LOL

A high powered green laser would literally COOK any fish that was unlucky enough to swim through the beam HAHA

Cool! In a sick, James Bond movie sort of way.

kevin

Lasers are fun to mess around with. I've worked with a few in my years and had some to play with. But they can be a problem too. For instance the two teens arrested near me the other day for pointing it at the sky and hitting a few helicopters, one of which was a police helicopter. Tough luck for them.

Reefing can be expensive and you may lose some money, if you look at it that way. It can also be rewarding in several ways though. It instills responsibility, patience, and the value of hard work.

It took about a year for me to decide to go salty. It took about a month to get all my supplies. Now I have my tank set up, only for a few days mind you. However, everyday I am excited to turn on the lights and see what has changed in the tank. Everyday something new surprises me.

I say reef. Lasers can be fun and cool, but the reef is more rewarding.

asking about lasers on a reef forum....

um no smart ass im not asking about laser on a reef forum. I have another forum for that. I am simply asking which one to choose

Lasers really are amazing (imo) if you ever get to see a high-powered green (532nm) in real life and see it pointed in the night sky it is amazing.

Did you know that pointing a laser at the sky and hitting a plane is a Federal crime? The last thing you want is the FBI knocking on your door.

Did you know that pointing a laser at the sky and hitting a plane is a Federal crime? The last thing you want is the FBI knocking on your door.

yes and? who ever said I saw gonna point it at a plane. Thanks for your concern though

Archived