Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ai Nano mount on a Biocube 29 Hqi (pics)

Naturalreef

How is the Hydro Slim Skim Nano in the first chamber working out for you? I hope well since I just placed an order for one and plan on putting it in first chamber too. :) Do you have to remove the collection cup to keep it from flooding when you turn off your pumps? Did you widen the opening between chamber one and two? Any noticeable restriction of flow with it in the first chamber? Also are you running the stock BC pump or did you upgrade? I had a love hate with my Rio 6HF in my last BC. Had great flow, but was noisy. Could never get it positioned right where it would quiet down. Thinking about using the Maxi-Jet NJ1100 this time around. Now that I ditched the MH, heat is not that big of a concern in choosing a pump, but still want quiet, reliable low maintenance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
qualitycontrol

I have purchase the aquatic life skimmer for the BC29 HQI, waiting for it to arrive.

I am still waiting for my Nano as well. Apparently AI moved their factory to accommodate the phoenix production and stopped all production of the Nano. My wife ordered it Dec 3rd and I am still waiting.

<---- starting to get pissed off with AI

Archived