Cultivated Reef

Zero Edge Nano Coldwater Tank

AquaticEngineer

AquaticEngineer

Yeah I got bored, so I built a nano zero edge coldwater tank to throw some tidepool stuff in. Funny thing is I had everything to do it just sitting in my garage :lol:

Eventually I'll hook in an Iceprobe into the bottom sump, but for the time being it'll have room temp water with only tidepool inverts and some algae in it.

(Yes I am totally copying your idea Jamie ;) )

PIC as of 9/18/11

Still gotta sand and flame polish the edges, then paint the lower tank and catch lip black. Once I find a good enough deal on an ice probe chiller I'll drill the lower tank (sump) for it.

IMG_20110918_085032.jpg

AquaticEngineer

Well I got it all put together, I just need to sand and round the edges of the top tank so it will roll over all sides evenly.

AquaticEngineer

Still gotta sand and flame polish the edges, then paint the lower tank and catch lip black. Once I find a good enough deal on an ice probe chiller I'll drill the lower tank (sump) for it.

IMG_20110918_085032.jpg

AquaticEngineer

Upper edges sanded and rounded off. Just gotta borrow my neighbors torch and flame polish them now.

I decided I am going to put Moonglow Anemones(Anthopleura artemisia) and Sitka Shrimp(Heptacarpus sitchensis) in there. Both of which have an amazing amount of color variations found along our coast line, but are both too small for me to really keep in my larger aquarium.

Maybe some really tiny hermits and other small inverts.

AquaticEngineer

Display tanks interior dimensions are 5.75" x 5.75" x 6" so it comes out to just under a gallon.

The lower sump tank has the identical dimensions and the collection lip barely holds any water.

So total system volume will be just shy of 2 gallons.

Archived