Coral Vue Hydros

say a prayer for Hope

wartskin

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LMFAO again dam ^ this is too funny, well thanks for the prayers and laughs cause its working Hope seems to be ok he hit my tongs with a strike when i had to move something I just hope it eats tomorrow he's been fishing so maybe he will his eyes changed color, not the black part but around its eyes got kinda pale red that had me worried as well but I think he will be fine....so once again lol thanks :lol:

Yes my 5th! :o

My 1st one died due to stress I beleave.... after being in my tank for almost 3 weeks my stand broke and I had to transfer the fish a couple times???? This one was a commersons

My 2nd one died in 1 week to fin rot that stuffs no joke within a matter of hours the bones were showing on its tail fin, it didn't make it.... This one was a commersons

My 3rd one died in my tank fire! This one was a painted

My 4th one died at the LFS it puked up some crazy foot long clear looking worm.!.!. This one was a warty

And now I got Hope #5 another warty and I've had it since may so iam past the crucial point of 1 month and maybe in the clear after 3 months since all the info I've got on the ones that didn't make it never made it past that, these are tough fish to keep they are known for quite a few issues....like a tang gets ich, hense the reason "not for beginners" but i have talked with a few that have had theirs for years so they do live long, not alot is known about these fish either so with that, its been my goal to research and find as much info good and bad on these fish as possible I've talked to lots of other owners of these fish and most have lost theirs to reasons 1,2,4

To me its the coolest fish out there and its what made me get back into saltwater when my kids said they wanted a fish tank

Yes my 5th! :o

.....tank stand broke and I had to transfer the fish a couple times????

.....2nd one died in 1 week to fin rot that stuffs no joke

.....3rd one died in my tank fire!

....4th one died at the LFS it puked up some crazy foot long clear looking worm.!.!.

....#5 another warty

:huh:

I kno this has something to do with not having my uv sterilezer........ dam, dam, iam pissed!! I wanna cry F#&%!!!!

thanks ezsharkman got something for me to laugh at

DEAD.............. :tears:

I've come to my own opinion that this fish needs to be in a tank with a uv for sure! Its the only thing I can think of? Of all the ones I know of that died no one was running a uv.....this fishes most common problem is ich! And how do you control ich on a fish that you can't tell has it in the first place.....uv sterilizer....its fish stores & suppliers magic to keeping fish alive

stupid Oceanic

Thanks guys iam really bummed cause I don't wanna do a tank if I can't have a angler, there just to cool. Not to sure if am gonna stick around saltwater....

I think iam gonna make a post for my warty with all the pics I have of him and maybe that will change my mind as of right now I have no interest anymore I would just unplug it, if I didn't have corals to take care of -_-

Well after looking at my post for hope, and in my tank for my fish, missing him, I got my uv's today from ebay what a great savings and i don't want them to go to waste so.........iam gonna do it again! :) iam thinking I might do a fresh water dip first to see if that would better the fishes chance? What's your thoughts or experiences with doing this?

altolamprologus
Well after looking at my post for hope, and in my tank for my fish, missing him, I got my uv's today from ebay what a great savings and i don't want them to go to waste so.........iam gonna do it again! :) iam thinking I might do a fresh water dip first to see if that would better the fishes chance? What's your thoughts or experiences with doing this?

Maybe do a FW and formalin dip when you first get him. And let you tank sit without fish for 6-8 weeks to make sure the ich is gone.

Archived