Coral Vue Hydros

Overgrown and neglected

sprinterpd

I think the aiptasia is fairly pretty. It's something different, which attracts people to the tank. Non-hobbyists will think it's awesome.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the aiptasia is fairly pretty. It's something different, which attracts people to the tank. Non-hobbyists will think it's awesome.

Well... non hobbyists who love that stunning bright brown :lol:

a peppermint wont eat aiptasia that big. they really like eating the pieces that are abotu 1/4" or smaller and rarely go for anything longer than 1". theyre not going to touch the 4" WIDE monsters in there!

(for the record neither would I...it might eat a finger)

dont know anything about the nudibronchs though, maybe they'll do the trick.

OMG

that is insane.

ive never seen anything like this,yeah i would frag up some of those corals or put them into a separate tank and see if the aptasia will grow on it.

but you defiantly need to star over.

COMPLETELY.

I think I'll toss this rock and get a few shrimp for good measure. I had no idea that could ever happen! Thought mine was kinda cool....till now!!! :opost-65748-1315368298_thumb.jpg

That is insanity ! ! ! :lol:

It almost looks nice...

But either way I never have recommended a peppermint shrimp before but if anyone needs 1 or 2 its you.

lol holy #%@$ man! thats insaneee

LOL, thanks for the love brother. So here's the plan. I'm going to let it get WICKED crazy and crank the voltage for then next month on the lighting. I gotta gig we're prepping for, and no time for scorched earth right now. Let's see how big we can get these guys. Then I'll take the percs back to the shop and load up on peppermint shrimp. I mean, like 20+, just to see. I'll take some photos as we go, and see if we can find a bottom to the black hole. Kinda fun, actually. Seriously wish I had taken a picture before I cleaned out the craziness. What you are seeing is actually the mellow version.

Michael

thats like $100 bucks in pepermint shrimps :mellow:

+1!, I think that your bbest bet is to get one or two berghia.

Either way keep us posted

and I tough i was going thru hell with my 6 aiptasia lol

LOL, thanks for the love brother. So here's the plan. I'm going to let it get WICKED crazy and crank the voltage for then next month on the lighting. I gotta gig we're prepping for, and no time for scorched earth right now. Let's see how big we can get these guys. Then I'll take the percs back to the shop and load up on peppermint shrimp. I mean, like 20+, just to see. I'll take some photos as we go, and see if we can find a bottom to the black hole. Kinda fun, actually. Seriously wish I had taken a picture before I cleaned out the craziness. What you are seeing is actually the mellow version.

Michael

Don't forget to target feed them all for more growth. :D

Archived