Innovative Marine Aquariums

Shallow (Now with 100% less rim) Pics pg22

Shallow

Its not that blue in person, its a 15k, or so thats what kessil says, its more 20k to my eye. Just how i like it. The coverage is crazy for how small it is. it says 24x24, but I think somewhere from 27"x27" to 30"x30".

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking and Im going to try to make an arch to mount the kessil on my current rails for the T5s, and use the underside of the rails for the t5's to mount stunner strips, or the reefkeeper moonlight system, or something like that.

We are tearing down our 10 gal half moon planted tank, and we are bumping up to a 40 gal breeder planted. heres a lil moch up of the scape.

DSC00149.jpg

We are tearing down our 10 gal half moon planted tank, and we are bumping up to a 40 gal breeder planted. heres a lil moch up of the scape.

DSC00149.jpg

No ADA Magical dirt hehehehehe i love that dirt it was awesome are you ging stem crazy or low light planted

No low light for this family. We are pretty new to high tech planted... we wanna learn more about Co2, not really sure what system to get. Or if we should go DIY.

I did have diy on a 40b but it was a pita to make the 2 liter coke mix but if you are new I recomend the pressure co2 for a stem dominated tank

hey man have you hook up the kessil yet i love to see that thing up hehehehe i like the kessil but the down in that light is it can be dim down and you can change the spectrum i wish i could see 1 in person to see if my 24x24 area that i have coral will be light up really good for sps

Finally got my kessil. Love that light. So much more impressed with the light than I thought I would be and it's by no means dim. A 24"x24" coverage should be no problem with the light.

Not to hijack the thread but it will be used on a mr aqua 17.4 gallon tank. It's 24" in length. I have it currently over a 20H. You can see pics of it over that 20H in the lighting section. I posted a review with pretty accurate photos of the color and brightness. The photos are not saturated and the pop you see is what you see. It lights the entire length of the tank with no issue so I don't have reason to think it wouldn't cover a 24"x24" space.

Badass looking tank. I'm sure it looks fantastic in person. Not saying it doesn't look good on camera.. just saying cameras can't usually capture the true magnificence of an aquarium under LED lighting like you see it in person. Not unless it's a super expensive camera with a great lens..

Archived