inTank Media Baskets

~ Candy Land ~ New Pics up Radions are UP! Tons of Top Downs.

FlCandy

Ha well either way it's the cash I got for being T-boned by the idiot woman last May, so he really CAN'T have a problem but oh well I buy him toys too. ;)

I will be sending you a PM as soon as it comes in. I am getting ready to convert to the BRS 2 part as well do you use that or something else for dosing? I am currently using Brightwell but it is costing way to much for me to rationally use it any longer.

Oh and I almost came home with a white froggie the other day. If they have them when my blenny comes in I may have to add to the green a little frosting their awesome and they had a few in the $20 frag section. :wub:

Can you grab two? My white frog is almost dead dude to coming so close to crashing. Lol lmk

I use red sea Foundation....may eventually change to brs but for now im sticking with red sea

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you like I can. ;)

I think they are the non branching friggies FYI. I will take a look for you Wednesday hopefully the fish is in then, they usually have new stuff come in on Monday while their closed.

Sent an email to make sure they do.

Yeah I couldn't tell individual heads. The 20$ are about 3" long, the others are larger and probably 60-70 a piece.

I will let you know when I find out.

Sheesh...I had a lot of catching up to do in here today!!! I'm so excited for you and your new purchaes. The white froggie sounds so cool too.

There were some other things I read and wanted to comment on and now I can't remember. I'm so sleep deprived right now :lol:

I "liked" that for the first part of your comment and then realized I shouldn't have "liked" the part about you being sleep deprived.

Randi, glad to see you ordered more equipment. That's always exciting. More to fiddle with on the tank!

albertthiel

I "liked" that for the first part of your comment and then realized I shouldn't have "liked" the part about you being sleep deprived.

Randi, glad to see you ordered more equipment. That's always exciting. More to fiddle with on the tank!

Yes indeed, but "too" much fiddling is not always that good :-)

^ And that is why it will get set up and I will test every few days until I am sure everything is where I want it, then I will test once a week.

I will be looking forward to that, I really do too much hands on right now with the tank and I should have done this a while ago.

Thanks ladies and Gena get some sleep I feel you!

Still need to get the algae scrubber going .... maybe look into what I need tomorrow. :)

You'll notice you dose less once you have a doser....as you arent fighting a chemical imbalance like dosing one large amount once a day...

^ And that is why it will get set up and I wil test every few days until I am sure everything is where I want it, then I will test once a week.

I wil be looking forward to that, I really do too much hands on right now with the tank and I should have done this a while ago.

Thanks ladies and Gena get some sleep I feel you!

Still need to get the algae scrubber going .... maybe look into what I need tomorrow. :)

Thanks you guys! Between a sick child and a time change, my butt is kicked! I took him to the Dr. for antibiotics. He's MUCH improved. No fever last night and he was cool last night so I don't think he had one at all through the night. He still asleep so no update on him yet today. I do think he'll be able to go back to school tomorrow.

Now my 17 year old cat is constipated, since last night. I had to lock him up in the bathroom cuz he was trying to squat throughout the house. Up early to tend to him. Already made a vet appt. for this morning to have them "help" him poop. Poor cat. I'm not sure he'll be with us much longer :( He's had a pretty good life though. 17 isnt bad for the size he is. He was a 22 pounder back in the day :)

Good to know Deckoz!

Thanks you guys! Between a sick child and a time change, my butt is kicked! I took him to the Dr. for antibiotics. He's MUCH improved. No fever last night and he was cool last night so I don't think he had one at all through the night. He still asleep so no update on him yet today. I do think he'll be able to go back to school tomorrow.

Now my 17 year old cat is constipated, since last night. I had to lock him up in the bathroom cuz he was trying to squat throughout the house. Up early to tend to him. Already made a vet appt. for this morning to have them "help" him poop. Poor cat. I'm not sure he'll be with us much longer :( He's had a pretty good life though. 17 isnt bad for the size he is. He was a 22 pounder back in the day :)

Poor baby, and poor you and poor kitty.

Has he had poopy issues before or is it urinary? GL with him today, let me know what happens, I do understand, 17 is awesome for a cat. :(

Poor baby, and poor you and poor kitty.

Has he had poopy issues before or is it urinary? GL with him today, let me know what happens, I do understand, 17 is awesome for a cat. :(

The poop issues have been just over the last year. I had taken him to the vet a few months ago with urinary problems and that was fixed. I started putting Psyllium husk in his food and the poop trouble went away. I also supplement brewers yeast and lecithin in their canned cat food and my husband got tired of having to put three separate things in every time we feed so he mixed them all together. I think the cat was then getting too little of the psyllium husk and ended up getting backed up from it.

His sister (not by blood) is the same age, 17 and has no issues whatsoever. She still looks like she's 5 years old. No urinary, poop, anything toubles (knock on wood). She hasn't even obviously lost the muscle mass. It's crazy. She doesn't land with grace from high places anymore though :lol:

I'll let you know how it goes today. He's pretty miserable right now. Sitting in front of the water bowl. I still have an hour and a half before I can take him in.

LMAO at the hubby mixing it, good idead not so good with the different concentrations. :rolleyes:

I hope he picks up again, some cat's age more gracefully then others, just like humans, I have the 7 year old who just out of nowhere last October became blocked (urinary and a male was BIG emergency) and is no on Rx food and cannot have anything else. The other one 4 years now is fine, on her regular food and never had an issue. *knocks on wood, very hard*

But since then he has been nothing but spunky, and even better tempered then before, he is an @$$ so this is a new thing, he purrs which he never did and wants to be in your lap. Guess it was going on longer then I knew even though I am OCD about their care, food and water intake. The things they can hide and the time they can hide it for is amazing. I really wish they could just tell us what was going on so we could get them treated faster.

Oh well why I do what I can, when I can for the fur babies as you call them. I love my fuzzies. :wub:

I'm back! Kitty is still at the vet. They are going to give him an enema and I'll go back after they hopefully succeed in getting him to pass it. He was 9.6# back in November. He's 8.1# now. I guess that's a lot to lose in 4 months. This cat was 22# at one time!!!! They said it's possible his kidney disease is advanced. I'm prepared for the worst but hoping for the best. Gonna put him on the prescription food and he'll get some laxative medicine to take regularly as well. The guy IS 17. I just have to keep telling myself that.

Random thought...I want to change my avatar...gotta figure out how to do it with this new system.

I can only imagine how awesome they are! I really can't wait for them to be mine!

You are going to love those MP10's! I'm thinking about getting those dosers as well. :)

I'm back! Kitty is still at the vet. They are going to give him an enema and I'll go back after they hopefully succeed in getting him to pass it. He was 9.6# back in November. He's 8.1# now. I guess that's a lot to lose in 4 months. This cat was 22# at one time!!!! They said it's possible his kidney disease is advanced. I'm prepared for the worst but hoping for the best. Gonna put him on the prescription food and he'll get some laxative medicine to take regularly as well. The guy IS 17. I just have to keep telling myself that.

Random thought...I want to change my avatar...gotta figure out how to do it with this new system.

Ugh, yeah he has lost A LOT of weight in those few months. Usually signs it's getting worse, I am sorry, I hope they can get his motor purring again for a little while for you. The Rx food is good, also don't be afraid to give him the canned version as well, it will help keep his kidneys flushed from the added water in it.

17 is a good age, and for him to have been 22 in his prime and 8 now that's a big difference. Poor guy. Your doing everything you can, I hope he goes for them I bet he was like ACK it's YOU again to the people there.

Changed my avy too, I just had to be Technicolor it's almost the same as the one on my FB.

Ugh, yeah he has lost A LOT of weight in those few months. Usually signs it's getting worse, I am sorry, I hope they can get his motor purring again for a little while for you. The Rx food is good, also don't be afraid to give him the canned version as well, it will help keep his kidneys flushed from the added water in it.

17 is a good age, and for him to have been 22 in his prime and 8 now that's a big difference. Poor guy. Your doing everything you can, I hope he goes for them I bet he was like ACK it's YOU again to the people there.

Changed my avy too, I just had to be Technicolor it's almost the same as the one on my FB.

I'm back and kitty is home. He's not a happy camper. He's sulking...and leaking too..Yuck. That enema they gave him isn't done, I don't think! I think I'll be washing a lot of towels today! They said he went A LOT at the vet's office.

I'm trying to do everything I can, within reason. I decided to forgo the blood work and urinalysis this time. He had it done in November. If he continues to decline in weight, I'll take him back for the urinalysis to confirm whether or not the kidney disease is rapidly advancing. He had the enema, some fluids, and I have a laxative to give him as well as new food to try. I'm really hoping this will help him put on some weight. He still is a happy-go-lucky guy for the most part. Just having some ups and downs right now. Keeping my fingers crossed for lots of ups to come :D

Sorry for cluttering your thread with this stuff. I figure if anyone understands, it's you Randi!!! :happy:

I'm back and kitty is home. He's not a happy camper. He's sulking...and leaking too..Yuck. That enema they gave him isn't done, I don't think! I think I'll be washing a lot of towels today! They said he went A LOT at the vet's office.

I'm trying to do everything I can, within reason. I decided to forgo the blood work and urinalysis this time. He had it done in November. If he continues to decline in weight, I'll take him back for the urinalysis to confirm whether or not the kidney disease is rapidly advancing. He had the enema, some fluids, and I have a laxative to give him as well as new food to try. I'm really hoping this will help him put on some weight. He still is a happy-go-lucky guy for the most part. Just having some ups and downs right now. Keeping my fingers crossed for lots of ups to come :D

Sorry for cluttering your thread with this stuff. I figure if anyone understands, it's you Randi!!! :happy:

Don't ever worry about asking me fur baby questions. I do this every day, I am sitting at the desk at work while I type this. ;)

Don't break yourselves over him trust me I hate to say it but at most with a pet that age you may get another year if their in such a bad spot. Maybe with his bowels empty he will eat again and feel better, poor leaky guy. I HATE giving cat's enemas, poor things. I bet they have him on Laxatone don't they? It's a flavored laxative and they love it.

Lock him in the bathroom or something for now she he leaks in an isolated place and doesn't stink the house up. :(

What food did they put him on? Just wondering if it was the kidney diet or the diet for constipation, hard to treat both at the same time.

I am keeping those fingers crossed for you and as always ask away, this has been the last 7 years of my life so I never mind helping a friend out, and if all I can do is help you to better understand so be it. :happy:

Don't ever worry about asking me fur baby questions. I do this every day, I am sitting at the desk at work while I type this. ;)

Don't break yourselves over him trust me I hate to say it but at most with a pet that age you may get another year if their in such a bad spot. Maybe with his bowels empty he will eat again and feel better, poor leaky guy. I HATE giving cat's enemas, poor things. I bet they have him on Laxatone don't they? It's a flavored laxative and they love it.

Lock him in the bathroom or something for now she he leaks in an isolated place and doesn't stink the house up. :(

What food did they put him on? Just wondering if it was the kidney diet or the diet for constipation, hard to treat both at the same time.

I am keeping those fingers crossed for you and as always ask away, this has been the last 7 years of my life so I never mind helping a friend out, and if all I can do is help you to better understand so be it. :happy:

You're the best :)

Right now he's in his most comforting spot..in the open cubby on the media cabinet. It's warm in there from all the electronics (dvd player, cable box, etc.). There was a towel in there already so I'm just going to leave him be.

I'm totally prepared for what's most likely going to happen this year :( I think my husband will have the worst time with this. He ADORES that cat.

They gave me two types to try. Both are the same thing just different brands. k/d renal health and Royal Canin Renal LP. The laxative is called Enulose and he gets it twice a day with a syringe.

Awww, Gena. I am so sorry to hear about you cat. I know he's 17, but its still so hard. Hopefully he surprises you and comes through this ok. I'm sure he's not a happy camper after having to get an enema. Poor thing! Does he drink much water? I know if they drink a lot it can help with the kidney stuff, but cats tend to not be big on drinking much water. Like Randi said, my vet friend always pushes feeding some wet food for the moisture. Also, I got Lily one of those constantly running fountains because she only likes to drink running water. She loves that thing and drinks way more now. Maybe one of those would help your kitty out if he doesn't already have one. I hope he gets better!

Not really but thanks. :P

Just let him be poor guy, and try the K/D first it's 100% guaranteed so if he doesn't eat it you can bring it back. Offer it in a double diner (bowl with 2 dishes) seperated form his usual food, when you notice him eating the K/D then remove all the old food and only feed the diet they sent home. Cat's will switch over on their own but you have to give them time and the option to do it themselves. Otherwise they will stop eating entirely and that is no good for already damaged kidneys and livers.

Poor hubby how is he doing with all the issues right now? I know A would be very upset is Chewy or the Dog had something like this going on and when Chewy did have the Urinary emergency he was beside himself. You let me know if you need anything okay?

You're the best :)

Right now he's in his most comforting spot..in the open cubby on the media cabinet. It's warm in there from all the electronics (dvd player, cable box, etc.). There was a towel in there already so I'm just going to leave him be.

I'm totally prepared for what's most likely going to happen this year :( I think my husband will have the worst time with this. He ADORES that cat.

They gave me two types to try. Both are the same thing just different brands. k/d renal health and Royal Canin Renal LP. The laxative is called Enulose and he gets it twice a day with a syringe.

Awww, Gena. I am so sorry to hear about you cat. I know he's 17, but its still so hard. Hopefully he surprises you and comes through this ok. I'm sure he's not a happy camper after having to get an enema. Poor thing! Does he drink much water? I know if they drink a lot it can help with the kidney stuff, but cats tend to not be big on drinking much water. Like Randi said, my vet friend always pushes feeding some wet food for the moisture. Also, I got Lily one of those constantly running fountains because she only likes to drink running water. She loves that thing and drinks way more now. Maybe one of those would help your kitty out if he doesn't already have one. I hope he gets better!

^That was the other thing I was going to mention, the water fountains, my cats drink out of the dog's water dish so I never have to worry about water intake but if he has kidney and poopy issues more water is better, helps lubricate the body.

Oh another thing, if you want to try cranberry crumbles in the canned food (if he eats it) that will help his kidneys. As long as it's just dried cranberries.

Not really but thanks. :P

Just let him be poor guy, and try the K/D first it's 100% guaranteed so if he doesn't eat it you can bring it back. Offer it in a double diner (bowl with 2 dishes) seperated form his usual food, when you notice him eating the K/D then remove all the old food and only feed the diet they sent home. Cat's will switch over on their own but you have to give them time and the option to do it themselves. Otherwise they will stop eating entirely and that is no good for already damaged kidneys and livers.

Poor hubby how is he doing with all the issues right now? I know A would be very upset is Chewy or the Dog had something like this going on and when Chewy did have the Urinary emergency he was beside himself. You let me know if you need anything okay?

^That was the other thing I was going to mention, the water fountains, my cats drink out of the dog's water dish so I never have to worry about water intake but if he has kidney and poopy issues more water is better, helps lubricate the body.

Oh another thing, if you want to try cranberry crumbles in the canned food (if he eats it) that will help his kidneys. As long as it's just dried cranberries.

Randi, you're so convenient for vet advice! My best friend since elementary school is just finishing vet school so I'm always calling her with vet questions. Gena, those fountains are awesome. Lily loves hers so much that now when we visit my parents she won't drink out of a normal bowl. Instead she gets up on the counter and stares meaningfully at the faucet until someone turns it on for her to drink. :lol: She's a spoiled one. Here's the brand of fountain Lily has if you decide to get one:

http://www.amazon.com/Drinkwell-Platinum-Pet-Fountain-168oz/dp/B000L3XYZ4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363120909&sr=8-1&keywords=drinkwell+platinum

Thanks Felicia! I don't even realize what I know until I am asked a question and start rambling about it like and I watch as people get so confused or their eyes get that glazed bored look. :rolleyes:

Any questions ever you guys and gals feel free to ask, ASL LONG AS THEIR ANIMAL OR TANK RELATED! ;):lol:

Any questions ever you guys and gals feel free to ask, ASL LONG AS THEIR ANIMAL OR TANK RELATED! ;) :lol:

I suspected you were a kind, generous person and now I KNOW you are a kind and very generous person. Thank you for that! :wub:

Archived