Coral Vue Hydros

34g Solana

TimberC

Your reef is stunning, totm worthy! This thread definitely needs more attention :)

Thanks for your encouraging feedback. The tank is certainly looking better everyday!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NoChikenStrips
Your reef is stunning, totm worthy! This thread definitely needs more attention :)

Agreed!

This is a bad&ss tank indeed. Amazing nems and rics you have. I really liked that fact that you went the natural method.

this is a great tank. I absolutely love the ric garden and the anemones. I have always planned on doing a ric garden in a tank. maybe when i upgrade i will. nice work here.

Agreed!

This is a bad&ss tank indeed. Amazing nems and rics you have. I really liked that fact that you went the natural method.

Thanks for stopping by to check my Solana out. Going the natural way has worked great for me so far and I plan to stick to it. My previous tank (50G) was set up for over 6 years and the growth of the corals was insane. I used to sell lots of frags often because corals grew too fast and didn't fit in the tank anymore.

this is a great tank. I absolutely love the ric garden and the anemones. I have always planned on doing a ric garden in a tank. maybe when i upgrade i will. nice work here.

You should totally go for a Ric garden. It looks awesome and Rics are so easy to look after. By the way, your pico set up looks great!

pow. nice tanks.

Thanks! :P

what a gorgeous tank

Thanks for checking out my thread ad the feedback. Your new tank looks awesome and I really dig the new small frag tank.

Great tank! The ric garden is cool I have a smaller version and in the other corner. Thanks for putting up the pics!

Your Solana look great too and those Duncans look amazing!

Really beautiful tank! It's also nice to see someone local :) Are you right in Vancouver? I'm in North Delta. Any good recommendations for places to shop? I like J&L, Oceans aquatic and Island pets. I always wonder if there is some magical mystical place I'm missing so I like to ask around :)

Fantastic rics btw! I love them. If you have any babies to get rid of, I would buy them!

Really beautiful tank! It's also nice to see someone local :) Are you right in Vancouver? I'm in North Delta. Any good recommendations for places to shop? I like J&L, Oceans aquatic and Island pets. I always wonder if there is some magical mystical place I'm missing so I like to ask around :)

Fantastic rics btw! I love them. If you have any babies to get rid of, I would buy them!

Yes, I am in Vancouver. The shops that I usually visit are J&L for equipment and fish, Ocean Aquatics is great for corals and there is also Oceanic in Aldergrove. This last store has great SPS and sometimes they have great Zoas and RFA. It's a must if you are into SPS.

I love my rics too and I do have some that I could sell you :D :D :D

I wanna have a ricordia garden in my new tank, yours look like their in the sandbed, what are they on, if anything.

There are some Rics that I mounted on a medium size piece of liverock and the ones that are on the sand are also attached to liverock rubble. If not attached to anything the current takes them behind the rocks and you never see them again.

What is your maintenance like on this tank? It looks amazing! So clean and sleek, no ugly equipment everywhere, no wires. No Skimmer! Its Simple and AMAZING!

I think one of those KZ Fiji Purple T5 bulbs would look nice on your tank. Ever thought about getting one?

What is your maintenance like on this tank? It looks amazing! So clean and sleek, no ugly equipment everywhere, no wires. No Skimmer! Its Simple and AMAZING!

I think one of those KZ Fiji Purple T5 bulbs would look nice on your tank. Ever thought about getting one?

This set up is very low maintenance. I spend about 10 minutes every day cleaning the glass, feeding the fish/corals and making sure that everyone is ok. The filter pads in the middle chamber are changed couple times a week and W/C are done bi-weekly. That's basically all I do :P

This tank does not have a skimmer. My previous set up ran skimmerless for almost 7 years and it did super well. Corals in that tank had to be trimmed every couple of months because the growth rate was absolutely insane. I used make pretty good money selling lots of frags every couple of months. I think that if you choose your the adequate fish well and don't over feed you can get by without a skimmer.

Now in regards to the Fiji purple bulb. This is a 5 bulb light fixture and my current bulb combo is 3 ATI Blue+, 1 GE 6500K and 1 ATI Aquablue. I want to get rid of the GE 6500K to replace it for an ATI Purple Plus but I haven't had the chance to stop by the fish store. Maybe this weekend I'll get the bulb and take some pics to compare and decide what bulb combo I like best.

What's you bulb combo suggestion for a 5 bulb fixture?

Now in regards to the Fiji purple bulb. This is a 5 bulb light fixture and my current bulb combo is 3 ATI Blue+, 1 GE 6500K and 1 ATI Aquablue. I want to get rid of the GE 6500K to replace it for an ATI Purple Plus but I haven't had the chance to stop by the fish store. Maybe this weekend I'll get the bulb and take some pics to compare and decide what bulb combo I like best.

What's you bulb combo suggestion for a 5 bulb fixture?

I would check this thread out below. It shows some amazing combos. Now this could just be your pictures, but I feel like your tank looks a bit "cold" or sterile. Maybe too white/yellow? I think you could warm it up with some more blue, purple and pink hues.

You can see how the bulb combos add different amounts of these hues in the following thread:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=1950001

That is the great thing about T5, you can modify the color endlessly, but I am sure it gets expensive and a little confusing!

I would check this thread out below. It shows some amazing combos. Now this could just be your pictures, but I feel like your tank looks a bit "cold" or sterile. Maybe too white/yellow? I think you could warm it up with some more blue, purple and pink hues.

You can see how the bulb combos add different amounts of these hues in the following thread:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=1950001

That is the great thing about T5, you can modify the color endlessly, but I am sure it gets expensive and a little confusing!

Yeah, it can be a bit challenging to find the right bulb combo. I am going to go to the fish store to buy one or two more bulbs to experiment and see what combo I like best.

Love the nems, love the rics, love this tank. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for stopping by to check out my tank!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I picked up an Elegance coral and I thought I would share some shots. The little clown hosts the Elegance coral which is pretty cool.

15-2.jpg

11-2.jpg

12-2.jpg

13-2.jpg

Amazing. Very, very nice job. Definitely TOTM worthy!

Hey there,

Thanks for the feedback. Your tank looks awesome too man. I think you did a great job with the aquascape.

I hope you guys like looking at pics because there are lots here :lol:

Some shots of my Ric collection. I have about 200 Rics :D :D :D

10-3.jpg

9-3.jpg

6-6.jpg

8-4.jpg

13-3.jpg

12-3.jpg

2-13.jpg

Some cool shots of my RFA. I bought 3 more few days ago so I know have 7 in my tank.

rf2-1.jpg

rf1.jpg

rf.jpg

2-14.jpg

Top down shots

IMG_3673.jpg

IMG_3064-1.jpg

IMG_3671.jpg

IMG_3055-1.jpg

xxx-1.jpg

Full tank shot

IMG_3043-1.jpg

IMG_3042-1.jpg

Dang!!!!! That is so many rics!!!

I have been collecting Rics for years. There are about 12 to 14 different colors of Ricordea in my tank :D

Archived