ReefCleaners.org

Dirty Joe's 28 Gallons of Magic

Joe Dirt

surgicalsense
They had a few frags of it today. $60 a frag. Not too bad, but kinda expensive. I am tired of brown and green and red. I need to balance my colors out. I feel like a damned interior decorator or something. LOL.

I did not see any ..... I was looking! As you saw.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joel, the screaming green and ponape birdsnest under all blue LEDs is redonkulous!!!

They only had like 3. Dave pointed them out to me when I was asking if he had any rainbow monti frags.

Sounds amazing. I'm not so quick to try SPS. I'm seeing how this acro does before I get more. If it dies I'll chalk it up to the fact that it was dying when I got it and my dumbass didn't see it. I'll try again with a not half dead piece and then if it does well I'll go crazy with SPS!

It's so pretty :)

surgicalsense
They had a few frags of it today. $60 a frag. Not too bad, but kinda expensive. I am tired of brown and green and red. I need to balance my colors out. I feel like a damned interior decorator or something. LOL.

Oh and I saw the large full one, they were not fragging that one out. It was in the acro tanks...

Did you guys buy any frags with stickers on them? You know, the number codes they had on the plugs? I can't get the darn sticker off of mine. Guess I'll have to wait for the magicians to grow over it :lol:

Those are their WYSIWYG corals from their site. A razor blade should get it off.

Yeah, well...I'd end up slicing my finger and a paly at the same time. End up in the hospital with palythoa toxin poisoning. Think I'll just wait for them to grow. I have the frag turned so that you can't see the sticker very easily :)

surgicalsense
Did you guys buy any frags with stickers on them? You know, the number codes they had on the plugs? I can't get the darn sticker off of mine. Guess I'll have to wait for the magicians to grow over it :lol:

On both of the zoas that I purchased had the number codes on them. One came off, while the other is on there pretty good. Got most of it off, but there is some white still glued to the plug. :huh:

On a totally non-reef related topic, I have been training for the LA Marathon for a while now. Sunday mornings are my long runs and this morning was absolutely beautiful! The temperature, the scenery, everything was perfect. There are few thing better in life than watching the sun rise over the mountains. What a great way to start the day.

...and I had no exercise plans, planned at all :lol:

I was running 1-2 miles 3 times a week during the summer though! I always slack off during the fall and winter.

Your morning run sounds amazing. There's nothing like the high you get after running!

...and I had no exercise plans, planned at all :lol:

I was running 1-2 miles 3 times a week during the summer though! I always slack off during the fall and winter.

Your morning run sounds amazing. There's nothing like the high you get after running!

I love running more than anything else I do. But, as the distances get longer, the deep muscle pain after you're done get a little worse. Ice baths help a little. I don't like taking any anti inflammatory drugs so that's all I get. I'm excited about running a 26.2. I've run halves before and they are fun, but a full is a kick in the pants.

On a totally non-reef related topic, I have been training for the LA Marathon for a while now. Sunday mornings are my long runs and this morning was absolutely beautiful! The temperature, the scenery, everything was perfect. There are few thing better in life than watching the sun rise over the mountains. What a great way to start the day.

How far was your run?

My dad runs marathons, I don't get it but totally respect the ability. B)

I did 5 yesterday and 9 today. I'm beat. I follow Hal Higdon's Marathon Training Guide. It's worked for thousands of people, so that's good enough for me. The true challenge in all of this is waking up at the a$$ crack of dawn. The rest of it works itself out. I've done triathlons too, but I love distance running the best. I have 2 small kids and training for 3 disciplines was too much. I can always fit a run in somewhere.

I did 5 yesterday and 9 today. I'm beat. I follow Hal Higdon's Marathon Training Guide. It's worked for thousands of people, so that's good enough for me. The true challenge in all of this is waking up at the a$$ crack of dawn. The rest of it works itself out. I've done triathlons too, but I love distance running the best. I have 2 small kids and training for 3 disciplines was too much. I can always fit a run in somewhere.

Sweet! Dad uses the Cincinatti Flying Pig Marathon's 17 week program

I like to bike and I've done bike patrol for races my dad does but I can't run (read: don't care to train for) anything past a 5k :lol:

New corals look great!!!!!! I like the placement too :)

+10, they are nice looking frags too! :)

Sweet! Dad uses the Cincinatti Flying Pig Marathon's 17 week program

I like to bike and I've done bike patrol for races my dad does but I can't run (read: don't care to train for) anything past a 5k :lol:

+10, they are nice looking frags too! :)

Thanks! That piece of acro is huge for a frag. It's like a little mini colony. I love the screaming green the best by far. Crazy bright coloration.

LOVE the new additions! I was looking for a nice birdsnest at my LFS today but couldn't find one I liked in my price range. Yours are awesome! Can I get in on this cross-country frag swap? I promise I've got some nice stuff I'll have frags of in 6 months or so. I got some pretty awesome new additions today at the black friday weekend sale. One of them happens to be a scoly :)

You're on the list. Six months is about right for my schtuff too. Where is this scoly you speak of? This thread is useless without pictures, thus saith the Dirt. LOL.

You're on the list. Six months is about right for my schtuff too. Where is this scoly you speak of? This thread is useless without pictures, thus saith the Dirt. LOL.

Its acclimating right now. I'll post pics once its in the tank and all puffed back up nicely. It was fragged in half a few months ago but by the time I bought it today it is well on its way to growing back into a full circle. Here's what it looked like a few months ago when my LFS first fragged it:

15dxr9e.gif

Its got a bunch of pinkish red streaks mixed with mint green streaks.

Oh and with my LFS's black friday weekend deal it only cost me $45. :)

Archived