Cultivated Reef

DIY LED DX12

AnthonyPf

That is great! The LEDs changed my whole tank experience. Do you have a link to your tank anywhere?

I do but not with the kit I will take some photos and post but Its such a nice kit and easy just double sided tape and fasten them in..

My friends son did his jbj 12 first and I was so impressed I ordered them..They even have a red strip which i plan to add..

Even my algea grow basicly stopped growing on the glass!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I finished cutting all of the frags from the rocks late Thursday night.

Here is a picture of the last frag I cut:

MhHCiCM.jpg

This small 5 gallon is where I am keeping the frags temporarily while the new rock cycles:

MRu39qr.jpg

sFn44F2.jpg

6O8JI8i.jpg

Not a bad set up (if I do say so myself)

Here is the new rock work in the old tank

MAthy7O.jpg

Everything seems to be working better than I planned. Originally I thought I would loose at least 20% of my stock but the coral seems to be doing very well.

I did feel like I was destroying an entire universe of biology. That made me very sad.

• 1 month later...

It took 6 weeks from start to finish but the Majano has been eradicated!

I originally planned on loosing about 20% of my coral but only one frag of galaxia bit the dust. Glaxia is not the best fit for this tank anyway so I am not that upset.

Here is a current FTS majano free and everything looks better than ever

wP2Bk7X.jpg

Zero-2-Sixty

Cool tank! I love the shot of the superman monti, those colors really pop! Makes me really want to add a red led to my setup.

Congrats on ridding yourself of those dang Majanos. All your hard work is validated by eradicating those little boogers

I think the flow in my nanocube is lacking a little, are you (and your corals) pleased with the flow from your two koralia nanos. I think that's what those are right?

Also do you dose anything or just water changes?

Keep the updates coming, tank looks great!

Thanks for the nice comments!

Those are the smallest Koralia pumps. I have them connected to a JBJ Ocean Plus - Duo Wavemaker. I would say that was one of the best additions to the tank. The flow is perfect and not too direct.

I change two gallons of water total a week. One gallon on separate days. I feed twice a week, usually Fauna Marine LPS pellets and Rod's Food Coral Blend.

Right now my SPS (including the superman) are very brown. They did not like moving around at all. But hey I did not loose them!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived