Innovative Marine Aquariums

Woogie's 20L Juggy Reef

Woogalie

Sunday right....

LOL looks good Woogs! You call them Boogies!? SO cute! They look good!

Yeah!! There my lil boogies.

I have been dosing for about a week now also Joel. I got the JBJ ato with a Toms dosing pump. I was surprised at how easy it was to set it up. Also saving my back and sloshing my sump water around topping off.

Check this out

0215121528-00.jpg

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice :)

How long have you been dosing kalkwasser? I jut started about a week ago.

Im dosing 1 teaspoon per 5 gallon kalkwasser juggy to start. How much are you mixing?

I'm dosing 6 grams (a teaspoon) a gallon so since I refill 4 gallons at a time, 24 grams as per the instructions on the container. What are you using? I'm using Brightwell Aquatics Kalk+2. On top of the calcium it also has magnesium and strontium in it.

Always Juggy! We know what you like!

It really looks great, figured you would have more grow out by now. ;)

It took me forever to find time to build and install my LEDs. They were over the reef on Jan 25th. I acclimated the corals for a week with a bunch of sheets of netting, each day I removed one. Ive only had my lights for 3 weeks now but I see stuff starting to grow and take off now. Especially my blue/yellow acro seems like it is in heaven.

Joel,

I bought 450grams of Kent kalk. I was gonna increase my dose by a teaspoon every 2-3 weeks as I see how the corals react. But if you start posting crazy coral growth pics, I may have to adjust lol

Oh also, I splurged a bit on a new salt mix too. Got the DD H2Ocean 5gal bucket for like $80 lol. Lots of reviews downing my old mix and praising this one and it says it boosts mag/stront and other stuff too. Only time will tell, BUT I noticed a big difference switching from basic instant ocean to IO reef crystals for a few months, I figuered spend a lil more and could be even better.

Joel and FIcandy, what salt mix are you two currently using?

I'm in the middle of fixing my water, my calc and alk are in range, but I'm waiting on a mag test kit and mag dosing stuff to get it back up. Once that's there I'm expecting lots of growth. My SPS are encrusting on the frag plugs. B)

I use Reef Crystals. I've thought about trying another brand but RC is the only salt I can get locally and it's just easier for me.

I apologize. I was busy with other things :unsure:;)

hahaha so hypocrite of me.

Your LEDs and tank are ballsin out Iball. I dig it. What salt mix do you use?

You didnt ask me but ill tell you, I use RedSea Coral Pro! :D Nice tank...and your thread is filled with squishy goodness haha...i

You didnt ask me but ill tell you, I use RedSea Coral Pro! :D Nice tank...and your thread is filled with squishy goodness haha...i

Well im glad you jumped in. I was considering getting that salt but Marinedepot was sold out causing me to spend more :(

Is that a Mantis shrimp in your avatar pic?

Tiger Pistol Shrimp ;) its big about 3 1/2 inches...almost as long as my 4 inch suntail goby ... theres a few places to order redseacoral pro...some even have free shipping @ 49 dollars & up

heres the full size pic

DSCN0037.jpg

Woogs, Your tank is lookin' sweet. I bet your stoked about your upcoming coral shopping spree. We demand pic's of your new additions. For what it's worth, I too use Red Sea Coral Pro in all my tanks. Am sorry to hear you closed up shop on the Hulkblood pico, was really wanting to see how it developed.

Woogs, Your tank is lookin' sweet. I bet your stoked about your upcoming coral shopping spree. We demand pic's of your new additions. For what it's worth, I too use Red Sea Coral Pro in all my tanks. Am sorry to hear you closed up shop on the Hulkblood pico, was really wanting to see how it developed.

Thank you pal, I cannot wait for tomorrow! Im sure my eyes are gonna pop out of my face when I see all the pretty frags for sale. Been a while since I went to a club/event thing reef related.

Reason I was asking about salt mix is for my local friend. He is building a system now as well. We were contemplating red sea coral pro, then he goes... Naw! Lets get the more expensive stuff. So he is already acting like a reef junkie :P

I was bummed too about the Hulks, Im glad I was able to easily put them back in their home on the coast. I felt bad enough losing time to dedicate to it. 1 Reef is enough for now haha

Deckoz2302

That Tiger Pistol shrimp sure does pop on that black sand. Did you name him or her?

Hey swashbucklers

It was actually super easy to make the reactor. I will take pics of it disassembled when I change the media out in a few weeks here.

Was pretty inexpensive

Gatorade bottle, $1-2

2, 90* pvc elbows, 70cents?

1 two foot section of pvc 3/4" $1

80GPH Eheim pump $15

And one little pvc reducer "thingy" that the pump connects to, 25cents

Reef Raft midnight madness grand opening in Orange last night or this morning was soooo awesome!!

Went with my beautiful girlfriend and we brought our close friend along who is in the midst of building his system and getting into reefing. He really enjoyed it and he actually bought 2 frags that I will be holding since he doesn't even have water yet lol

THE BEST part was when I had the opportunity to talk to Steve Tyree about his corals he brought from his farm. After about 30 minutes of chatting with Steve my girlfriend comes up to me and has 3 bags of fancy acans in her hand!!! She told us all about them with glee and even Steve took a look and approved her selection haha!

So my babe and I were standing there at Steve's booth and I decided to get "Garrett's Kimbiensis", she got the blue-green Favia as well as Dazzler polyps from reeffarmers.com. Our friend who came along could not help himself and he got the "Lighthouse Aquatics Tricolor" acro and the "Ponape Seriatopora hystrix" Limited Edition. (arent all corals Limited? lol)

I picked up two sweet acros from Reeft Raft's tanks in addition to the previous corals. All together we brought home 10 frags... omg

I'll get pics, but not today or tomorrow, busy recording a band this weekend to make up for our binge at Reef Raft lol

Archived