SaltCritters.com

Bug's Do!Aqua 60f (inventing tank names..)

Bug

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This tank is sweet!! Where do you by the Do! Aquas in aus?. What do you think about the radion??

aww thanks :happy: the photos dont do it justice... but that will be changing :D

as for the do!aqua tanks - you can get them from here: Aquarium Products Wholesale

if you buy a tank/any glass item - make sure you take out the insurance on it! trust me...

Sorry if it was mentioned in your thread? But where is that tank stand from? Is there any way you can make the same one appear 3 feet to my left, so I can skip attempting to build an ADA style diy one for my 60-P?

Austin

KAPOW! personal message sent! ADA60P - WIN! love those tanks! def let me know how you go with your build.. i'll be stalking that thread!

- she said in the most non-creepiest way possible

also - thankyou castiel and do_0b :happy: sahhh sweet

ohhh and I forgot to mention...

I have a canon EOS 600D on the way! way too excited!

So when I get that, I'll have a play around and upload some better photos..

I moved some rock around on the weekend - mostly because I didn't do a heck of a lot on Saturday - its sitting all on the left side now, I like it more :)

Charlie (my clown) doesn't seem to be do the crazy swimming ADHD thing anymore.. he's doing his waddling hover thing in the middle of the corals - hosting acans, by day and frogspawn, by night. he gets around.

And I got a new acan <3

3ca25974.jpg

as for the do!aqua tanks - you can get them from here: Aquarium Products Wholesale

You know I have looked at that site many times and never realised that there are two pages to the Do!Aqua tanks. D'oh.

$227 for a 60F-style isn't bad for down here .. hmm *tempted*

First off I'm offended. Names Ryan. In other words you have a nice tank,

aw lol

names stacie B) . you have a nice tank too

You know I have looked at that site many times and never realised that there are two pages to the Do!Aqua tanks. D'oh.

$227 for a 60F-style isn't bad for down here .. hmm *tempted*

do ittttt..... ;)

you know you want to

Welcome to the wonderful world of NR, full of pervy men, annoying teenagers, and other cool shmoes. How are you liking that light by the way?

It would be very interesting if you could name all your snails and actually tell them apart. :happydance:

Sigh... the 600D doesn't fit my hands... otherwise, it would be a fun toy to play with.

Welcome to the wonderful world of NR, full of pervy men, annoying teenagers, and other cool shmoes. How are you liking that light by the way?

interesting.. interesting lol :P

I love the light!! it was definitely worth the kesh money for it. My acans have all changed colours (which I think is a good thing..? they're far more rainbow-y than when I first purchased them). Plus it's pretty snazzy with all the custom light modes/temperatures thats you can emulate, plus the program is super easy to use :) I have it setup in a virtual win7 (i own a mac) and it works perfectly.. NERD)

The only hate I have about the light is, i didn't realise how intense it'd be over a shallow tank. definitely wise to start off at 10% and slowly bump it up each week. having said that - mines only at 20% and it's been like 2 months lol

thinking of buying one?

I like your tank :D Charlie's very cute!

awww thankyou :) I've fallen in love with him lol

gilbert looks adorable :)

i think we're having a girly eeeeee moment haha

It would be very interesting if you could name all your snails and actually tell them apart. :happydance:

Sigh... the 600D doesn't fit my hands... otherwise, it would be a fun toy to play with.

naming all the snails you say.. challenge accepted! :lol: ...have you tried this?

and what do you meannn it doesn't fit?? :o

I am on the rocks with LED's at this point, they are nice and cost efficient but In an overall sense people still say they aren't getting the growth and color they expected to see. I'm saving up for a nanobox by Dave (another member on NR) or a new t5 system.

and what do you meannn it doesn't fit?? :o

Ergonomics. It doesn't feel right in my hands. On the other hand, the 60D fits perfectly. Very nice and comfortable grip for me.

land_lubber

Have you been to that place near the victoria street markets? I went there in Oct last year while I was over for a mates wedding and they seemed to have lots of stuff at the time. Nice display tank as well.

Have you been to that place near the victoria street markets? I went there in Oct last year while I was over for a mates wedding and they seemed to have lots of stuff at the time. Nice display tank as well.

Ah, Upmarket Aquariums. They are pretty good for tanks and equipment ... poor for corals and fish (mostly FW). I bought all of my tanks there, now that I think about it - my picos and my 17G.

land_lubber
Ah, Upmarket Aquariums. They are pretty good for tanks and equipment ... poor for corals and fish (mostly FW). I bought all of my tanks there, now that I think about it - my picos and my 17G.

Opps I meant lots of equipment hahah. Yeah they didn't have any corals when I went in and only a few fish but I did like that red and white gorgonian? not actually sure what it was as I've never seen one before. I will try and post a pic I took on my phone.

so ahhhhh....

i have canon 600D :lol:

i also now have about 1941782391263178236 photos :)

i will upload those when i get home yayyyyyyy

moarrrr updates to come later on

I am on the rocks with LED's at this point, they are nice and cost efficient but In an overall sense people still say they aren't getting the growth and color they expected to see. I'm saving up for a nanobox by Dave (another member on NR) or a new t5 system.

I've never tried halides, so I wont be able to compare :(

I did have a 4 bulb ATI t5 setup on my first tank (20G), which was great - and in my (short) experience the corals tend to "expand" a little more than with LED's. I'm no expert though -_- .

I had that tank running for a year, went to Hong Kong (and lived there for 3 months for work) and picked up a KR91 fixture and when I got back, put that over my tank. I didn't adjust my tank to the new light, so it had a bit of shock with it, but my corals (LPS and softies only) eventually came round after 2 months and I was getting colours I've never seen before - however.. i never got the "expansion" that I got with t5's.

I picked LED's over t5's, purely because I like the customization of output of light and i believe it works (plus I had very little algae from it yayyyyy). I work in IT and am a dork essentially :lol: so being able to hook it up to a program and see it run off a schedule was a massive pull for me.

All in all, in my experience and what I've learnt is that it's essential that you have a very, very, very slow acclimating period, and if you're successful and have the patience for that, i think your corals will love you and thank you in the long term.

oh and my power bill is smaller :D lol

I've had this little tank up for 3 months I think (maybe less?) and I'm not even going to think about moving my light intensity above 20% until its stocked out and I have everything where i want it.

It's a delicate process if you've got the time to put in it, it's rewarding, that's for sure :)

NERD TALK :ninja:

Ergonomics. It doesn't feel right in my hands. On the other hand, the 60D fits perfectly. Very nice and comfortable grip for me.

you sir, have expensive taste haha :bling:

i'm actually quite jealous - i'd love a 60D lol

having said that 600D is pretty sweet to play with, they definitely made it beginner friendly lol

Archived