Top Shelf Aquatics

Mirage's 12 Gallon Long

MGDMIRAGE

The tight 30degree optics are real rough, since my tank is only 9" wide though they shouldn't be a problem. I also epoxied all of them to the heatsink so i can run them without optics as well. They are very bright, and they make the corals explode with color.

I put them over my 40 breeder to see how they would work and without optics they cover the whole tank, although not terribly bright without optics.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another toy i was playing with recently. 4 watt chinese made GU10 LED blue bulbs.

I was thinking about adding these to the setup as well to increase the blue further, there are 9 bulbs(36watts) on that 36" piece of 2x2.

IMG_72751280x707.jpg

IMG_7274836x1280.jpg

IMG_7273853x1280.jpg

That looks awesome shawn...

Thanks, i think they shall catch this tank on fire with colors, i can't wait. I may redo them, this board was a test, and i was pretty impressed.

• 3 weeks later...
Any new updates?

Yep tomorrow actually :)

Sorry about your 2.5

I've got one and am looking to upgrade!

Yeah I'm going to replace the back piece of glass with a 1/4" piece and redo it. I shall prevail!

Great build! I have this tank too, but haven't drilled it yet. When I do it will look like my other tanks. I have three that I did like this. Cleanest look I could come up with. I'm really digging the idea of drilling teeth on that overflow though. Very sweet! Cant wait to see how it comes out.

6.jpg

Great build! I have this tank too, but haven't drilled it yet. When I do it will look like my other tanks. I have three that I did like this. Cleanest look I could come up with. I'm really digging the idea of drilling teeth on that overflow though. Very sweet! Cant wait to see how it comes out.

6.jpg

You did an awesome job that is pretty darn clean looking. I was going to put two lily pipes on this one originally too but decided i'd probably end up breaking them. Not sure i'm going to cut teeth or not, kinda seems like more of a pain then it would be worth. I may just use eggcrate with extra slats added to keep tiny gobies out.

Do they have a chinese bulb that gives off a 14-15k color with just one of them? Do any of the ones you have give off a nice color like that?

Well the dimmable Par38s i have you can independently dim the whites and blues to get whatever color you want.

Well this kinda on hold for now. Wife and I are rearranging apartment to make room for the new baby in February. I'll be working more on my small desk project and 40 gallon breeder until we get everything sorted out and I can find a spot to put the 12 gallon long.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I like the look of these......very clean. Where do you buy them or get more information?

6.jpg

Archived