Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

17g Rimless Mr. Aqua reef

SpainKenya

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very clean looking..

What kind of lights (brand) you running there?

Im running a combo of Led strips 3x and a par 38 bulb as a spot light. im not sure on the brand of the strips but the bulb is ecoxotic par 38 with 40 degree optics. As for the strips they are 18x led's each and i have 3 strips. 1 strip is all blue 1 is all white and 1 is a blue white mix..

Looks really good!

thx for checking in :D

How high above are your lights?

my led strips are about 5" above my water, and the par 38 bulb is about 12" above the water line.

• 2 weeks later...

Took some pictures today, since i hadnt updated in a while i figured i would share some of the ones i liked. I havent added anything new recently but alot of the corals are showing nice growth and its filling out nicely.

PS. I left my blues on when i took pictures this time for a different look. its not nearly this blue in person but im bad at editing.

FTS 11/10/2011

fts111011.jpg

Heres a pic of my frogspawn

updfrog.jpg

A picture of the clown fish i got, dont know much about him but i like it.

clownd.jpg

this picture was taken from the right side of the tank

updsideshot.jpg

heres a fts with the lights in the shot

wlights.jpg

Ive posted pictures recently but havent really told much about whats going on with the tank. So far everything has been going pretty good. Ive revently started to have a bit of an algae problem because i havent changed the filter on my ro/di filter in a while. As far as the corals go, the green acro is growing a bunch, and i can see a hudge difference from when i first put it in, prob about 5 new branches sticking out with new branches coming out of those. The pink birdsnest is also showing significant growth with loads of new branches sticking out that werent there when i put it in. The 2 acans are also growing nicely and i spot new heads on them on what seems to be a weekly basis. The frogspawn started out as just 1 head and over a few weeks time i watched it split into 2 heads, was really cool to see.

Everything else in the tank hasnt had a whole lot of growth, im assuming they may just be slow growers but time will tell i guess. Overall im pretty impressed with these led's and cant wait to see how the tank will look in another 6 months.

• 1 month later...

Well the tank has just past the 6 month mark and everything is still alive.... well amost everything. I havent put much new stuff in the tank recently but i did add some blue mushrooms, re aranged a few other things, and moved some stuff from my refugium back into the display. i also changed my light setup back to just the 2 par38 bulbs because i think i was going overkill with all the LED strips so i took em off for a while. I like the color of the tank better now anyways.

Here are some updated pics i took today

FTS 12/16/2011

fts121611.jpg

Pic of the blue mushrooms

bluemushrooms.jpg

pic of the green zoa's i just moved back from my refugium to the display

29276973.jpg

pic of my orange plate coral

orangeplate.jpg

this pic is of the right side of the tank

rightsideg.jpg

Another pic of some random zoa's anyone got an id for these?

unidzoa.jpg

heres a pic of the xenia taking over the back of my tank

xeniaback.jpg

hope you enjoy, comments and suggestions welcome :)

haha i changed it, i got 2 nicer lamps that are better and got rid of all of that. just using 2 par 38 bulbs now

• 1 month later...

First update of the new year and the tank is running quite nicely. I havent added anything new recently just been letting what i have grow. That and im broke so that helps lol. Here are some pics i took today, feel free to comment, and any feedback is appreciated.

FTS 2-13-12

fts21312.jpg

Zoa Garden looking from left to right

zoagardennew.jpg

Blue Mushroom and zoa's

zoaandshroom.jpg

Xenia taking over my pink birdsnest

xenatakingover.jpg

Picture of one of the acans from the topside of the tank

topdownacan.jpg

Closeup shot of my Meat Coral (button coral)

meatcoral.jpg

Frogspawn and zoa's

froggied.jpg

My other acan looking fluffy

fluffyacan.jpg

Heres a full shot of my tank sump and lights

fullshot.jpg

Thats it for now, thanks for looking :D

Nice tank. Do you get any noise from having the overflow like that?

Thanks, and yeah its a little noisy but ive heard louder. Next time i setup a tank ill prob do it differently.

Heres one more pic i forgot to put up, can see some of the detail in the zoa's and the hermit that thinks hes king.

zoaandshroom.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Updated FTS 3/2/2012

fts3212.jpg

Here are some pics i took today, trying to get the tank in good shape before i hit the road for a little over 2 weeks. I have someone to top off the water and feed the tank for me while im gone, hopefully should see some good growth by the time i get back.

This shot is of the top of the tank, bunch of xenia up there spreading like crazy

xenaandbirdsnest.jpg

nice closeup i got of my serpant star

serpant.jpg

just another pic of the tank looking from the side

newsideshotz.jpg

Closeup of my dendro coral, only 1 head but i still think its cool

dendroz.jpg

this ones a closeup of some blue palys i have in the front corner of the tank

bluepalys.jpg

And last but not least i redid my light setup to get the bulbs higher above the tank just so i could get better coverage. So far im pretty happy with the new setup and will prob keep it like this. just used some pvc and some anchors and screwed it to the tank stand like a lamp.

newlightsetup.jpg

• 3 months later...

Been a few months since i've posted an update so i figured id tell a bit about whats going on with my tank. I moved at the end of march, broke the whole tank down and put everything back in without any losses. Ive re aranged my rockwork and the placement of a bunch of the corals. All of them seem to be doing verry well growth wise except for my zoa's. Im still battleing with nudibranches eating my zoa's which is disapointing since i went a good few months without seeing any. My frogspawn has spawned a 3rd head on it (bought it with just one) its looking pretty healthy and loving its new spot in my scape. Also my 2 candy cane corals have sprouted several new heads each. The xenia in my tank was getting way out of controll so i cut a bunch of it out with a razor, turns out this crap is real hard to get rid of. my red ball sponge has a bunch of dead parts on it from where i think it was getting to much light, so i moved that down to my refugium for now, seeing how it does down there. Something stung my cup coral and it has dammage on 1 side of it :( im not sure what the culpret was but the dammage doesnt seem to be getting any worse (allthough its not growing back very fast eather).

Ill post some updated pics ina few days when i get home as everything looks diff in my tank now.

SpainKenya

Just got back from a few days on a busines trip, cleaned the tank up pretty good so i snapped some pics. This is how the tank looks since i moved, havend taken any in a while.

FTS 7/02/2012

fts7212.jpg

Not sure what kind of mushroom this is but they are cool, anyone have an ID for this one?

shroomsy.jpg

2 Chalice corals

chalices.jpg

Shot from the bottom left side of the tank

buttoncorral.jpg

My dendro coral just recently made a baby, you can see it on the right side

babydendro.jpg

One pic i took with the flash on on accident, though this is closer to what it looks like in person with the lights not distorting

pickwithflash.jpg

Thats it for now, let me know what ya think, or if you know what kind of mushrooms those are.

• 2 weeks later...

Still wasnt happy with the the way my corals were aranged, so i moves some things around again and snapped some new pics.

FTS 7-22-2012

fts72212.jpg

Shot from the top of the tank down

topdownshot.jpg

Shot from the left side of the tank

sideshot.jpg

Pic of my frogspawn

frogspawnn.jpg

Pick of my 2 chalice corals

chalicec.jpg

Closeup of the acans at the bottom of my tank

acanandzoa.jpg

• 1 month later...

Havent done an update in a while and i got some new stuff so here it is.

FTS 9/23-2012

fts92312.jpg

New purple gargonian

purplegargonian.jpg

Got a few new richordia's

ricor14.jpg

and a new duncan coral

duncanyl.jpg

Added a new bicolor blenny

bicolorbleny.jpg

just a shot i thought was cool with 3 of my fish up to no good im sure

3of4fish.jpg

heres a closeup of the left side of my tank with all the zoa's

leftside12.jpg

and last but not least, the xenia running rampant

xeniainvasion.jpg

Since ive posted last my 6 line wrasse jumped out of my tank and somehow landed in the cylinder of a roll of paper towels. i guess if youre gunna go out you might as well go with style, 1 in a million shot. Thats why i added the bicolor blenny, to replace him. also the wrasse bullied the fire clownfish i got and since the wrasse is gone i moved him up form my refugium to my display tank. other than the fish jump everything is going nicely, and im super pumped about this gargonian. ive wanted one of these for a while and i got it for a steal since the guy at the fish store thought it was dead.

• 2 months later...

Been a while since i posted any new pics, heres what my tank looks like as of today

FTS 11/30/2012

ftsa11302012.jpg

Shot of the Full tank

fts11302012.jpg

Closeup of my candycane

candycane.jpg

Shot of my Cup coral

cupcoral.jpg

Frogspawn

frogsp.jpg

Pick of my zoa collection

32517500.jpg

Shot of my fire shrimp and some corals

shrimpu.jpg

I used to have a bi color blenny but as of yesrday i went to check the salinity of my tank and turned off my vortech for a bit. Well when i turned it back on my fish got minced :( pretty bummed about that. He was starting to nip at some corals though, i had to move a few out temporarly so they could heal, and he completely killed off that gargonian. Anyways thats the recent news, hope you leave a comment :).

Archived