Innovative Marine Aquariums

17g Rimless Mr. Aqua reef

SpainKenya

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks good , How has the coral growth and color been with the LED's

so far the growth has been pretty good. Im still experementing with the led's and diff arangements. Right now i have 3 led strips over the tank with a par 38 bulb spot lighting my acro's. My pink birds nest and the acro with the green tips are growing noticably.

im thinking of getting an ATO because im getting a lot of evap and dont like dumping in a gallon of fresh r/o water all at once. Thing is i travel out of town alot for my job and need one thats pretty relyable. I have someone to help maintain the tank while im gone but would like to try to automate that part of the maintinence. Anyone that can suggest a real relyable ATO?

Great aquascape! Your set up will only look better as time goes by.

Nice Setup! Great pics!

thanks for the kind words... i cant wait to see what this thing turns into over the next few months.

Still looking for an ATO, maybe something i can mod with an extra float switch or something for better relyability. Any suggestions? or things i should avoid?

wow that thing looks pretty serious...and just what i need! im thinking of just using a 5g bucket with a lid for a reservoir. do i need a powerhead or anything like that in the bucket?

Anyone have any opinions on doing f/w dips vs a medicated s/w dip for new corals added to the tank? i think i have my nudi problem somewhat undercontroll as i havent seen any in a while. My question is whats more effective at killing these things? Seems with the medication they can survive if you dont use a correct water / medication ratio. A f/w dip seems like the easiest route but how effective is it at removing nudi's? ive heard of people doing both, but so far ive only done medicated dips.

PS would doing a medicated f/w dip do any dammage to the corals as opposed to doing a medicated s/w dip?

wohoo i had some friends help me with my photo editing, redid the fts shot and looks a lot better to me now. Photos from now on should be a lot less blue :D.

thats a very nice looking tank ! loved the scape and how the corals are spreading on it ! I use Coral RX works great , but these days i usually get my corals from manhattan aquarium they have really clean corals without pests :)

but in any case coral RX works great !

As for ato i have jbj ato with a lift pump.

• 3 weeks later...

Havent done an update for a while so here are a few pics i took today.

FTS 9-29-2011 Happy b-day to me

fts92911.jpg

zoagarden929.jpg

newzoas.jpg

Had a few losses to nudi's but hopefully the problem is undercontroll now ><.

This is a real nice tank :) really like your acro and cup coral. Those rics with the green mouths are pretty sweet too.

Anything else you are planning on doing besides letting this tank grow up?

This is a real nice tank :) really like your acro and cup coral. Those rics with the green mouths are pretty sweet too.

Anything else you are planning on doing besides letting this tank grow up?

Pretty much just on grow mode allthough i do make regular trips to the fish store. just getting more selective with the corals i choose as im running out of space. Thanks for checkin out my tank.0

Your tank looks awesome

thanks rehype... gotta say if i can get my tank half as nice looking as yours ill be happy :D

Amazing tank. I love those zoas. Do you do any fragging?? If so, do you ship?

Im not doing any fragging yet, still have some room for growth before i do that, but ill let you know if i do :D those zoas are my most recent purchase. just put em in before i cleaned up the tank and took the photo's.

I like you aquascape! Is your Vortech noisy at all?

thanks i used some putty to stick a bunch of smaller rocks together to form that. as far as the vortech its dead silent and im a big fan of it, well worth the money.

ps you play league of legends? the name alistar is why im asking :P

Im not doing any fragging yet, still have some room for growth before i do that, but ill let you know if i do :D those zoas are my most recent purchase. just put em in before i cleaned up the tank and took the photo's.

Dang! those are some nice pieces! Did you order them or get em from your LFS?

Hey, I play league of legends. MF all the way!

Dang! those are some nice pieces! Did you order them or get em from your LFS?

Hey, I play league of legends. MF all the way!

yeah got them from the LFS. Hit me up on league of legends sometime if you wanna play, my name there is the same as the forums here, gameing is my other addiction haha.

• 4 weeks later...

Havent updated in a while but i got some new stuff. Added a pigmy angel which im a big fan of, awsome fish so far. also added a coupple pijama cardinals and a clown fish to add some motion. heres an updated shot from today.

FTS 10/26/2011

fts1026.jpg

heres a pic of the fish, sorry its poor quality, messing with a new camera.

fisho.jpg

Archived