inTank Media Baskets

TheWand's pictures & photography discussion

TheWAND

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Priceless photo hahahha... love it.
I love it! :lol:

He's been with us for almost 7 years now. :)

Salton Sea in one photo:

6820951537_3020793d1f_b.jpg

Dead fish litter the beach everywhere. It smells pretty bad.

I was thinking about driving out to the Salton Sea sometime to take photos, is it a worthwhile trip? Which side did you go to?

I was at Bombay beach. Everything out theree is pretty barren, but the abandoned buildings might suit your style. There's plenty of broken down equipment to make interesting subjects also. I'd get a bit spooked if I came out alone, so try and bring a few people along to help with the shoot. The old yacht Club on mecca wouldn't be a bad location either since it's on the way to Bombay beach.

try to come out early if you do decide to drive out so you can drive around and scout all the different locations around the place.

I was thinking about driving out to the Salton Sea sometime to take photos, is it a worthwhile trip? Which side did you go to?

The Salton Sea is like no other place on earth - it's a truly alien environment to be in. Quite unique - especially the east side. Swing by Salvation Mountain too (before it gets torn down)

The Salton Sea is like no other place on earth - it's a truly alien environment to be in. Quite unique - especially the east side. Swing by Salvation Mountain too (before it gets torn down)

Wish I had the time to go out to Salvation Mountain when I was out there. Maybe some other time...

• 4 months later...

Sexy lens is a gift for me? :flower:

I've noticed your focus is soft on a couple shots (the dog one a couple pages back). What lens were you using when you took those shots? :huh:

Sexy lens is a gift for me? :flower:

I've noticed your focus is soft on a couple shots (the dog one a couple pages back). What lens were you using when you took those shots? :huh:

I have my camera to zero sharpening in-camera and I did none in post. That was with the 100mm macro L wide open, which would explain the softness.

The last pictures of the lens were with the same 100mm macro but stopped down to 5.6 and with post sharpening.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Here is the best of my trip to Aquarium of the Pacific. All with either 50mm 1.2L or 100mm 2.8L IS

8618824016_7a3987cf84_z.jpg
Leafy Sea Dragon by aboubakarephoto, on Flickr

8618824250_f44ecae0d1_z.jpg
Leafy Sea Dragon - Immature by aboubakarephoto, on Flickr

8617716257_64174d56b7_z.jpg
Sea Apple by aboubakarephoto, on Flickr

8618825142_d20b061bdf_z.jpg
Jellyfish Tentacles by aboubakarephoto, on Flickr

8617717033_9e087768c8_z.jpg
Penguin by aboubakarephoto, on Flickr

8617717201_cb72f28835_z.jpg
Jelly Bell by aboubakarephoto, on Flickr

8618825934_8f01566f03_z.jpg
NPS by aboubakarephoto, on Flickr

All only processed through Lightroom 4. Most of this trip was shot at ISO 3200. I'm very pleased with the results I've been getting shooting at 3200. With sharpening, and zero noise reduction, all I'm getting is smooth grain noise, and no chroma noise, which gives me tons more useable shots.

So, after I washed my truck today, I took a few moments to take in the sunset.

First, came this.

8621551470_1855f3e8ef_z.jpg
Car Wash Sunset by aboubakarephoto, on Flickr

I went inside to grab some wine, when I noticed the reflection of the sunset in the wine cooler's glass. Grabbed my camera again to snap this one off. I'm guessing this is what the wine cooler sees on a daily... Lucky bastard.

8621566908_c900c1f127_z.jpg
Wine Cooler Sunset by aboubakarephoto, on Flickr

• 4 weeks later...

Archived