inTank Media Baskets

theclearblue's 20 long

theclearblue

theclearblue

Ox- you can always go with the external closed loop without drilling. Seems like a lot of people really like it. You'll still encounter a bit of head loss, other than pipe friction, as the returns are higher than the pump, but oh well.

I decided to go with a Precision Marine HOT 1+ rather than the Remora or Bak-Pak. If I'm going to splurge... might as well spend the extra few. Not quite ready for the euroreef though.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
theclearblue

The whole "put it in the sump" part of the euroreef is the cost barrier, I'm not ready to install a sump just yet. That will have to wait until September.

Ah OK...yeah, you'd have to buy a pump for $30-50 and rubbermaid for $10-20.

I just got my Euroreef up a couple weeks ago and it is just awesome.

theclearblue

typical euroreef user... make us all feel inferior. Just kidding, I'll be joining your ranks one of these days.

theclearblue

Well, I've moved into the 29 gallon, and I'm in the midst of setting up the closed loop and skimmer. So I thought I'd put up a pic of the tank in it's current form.

The tank is kind of a mess with off-center powerheads (which will be removed once the closed loop is up), but I really need to triple the amount of live rock I have. Without a sand bed, it really lowered heigh of the structure.

I didn't put in Starboard because the West Marine near me was out, but I'll put some in when I move the tank again in September.

I also picked up a few SPS frags which I'll post when I'm done with all these equipment upgrades.

646429gallonsetup-med.JPG

The RIO SEIO puts out a TON of soft flow, I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to mount it yet, but I might put in a second. It's really quiet, although somewhat bulky with the housing on it.

• 1 month later...

Archived