3 Astrea Snails

2 Orange Foot Turbos

10 Nassarius Snails

6 Blue Leg Hermits

2 Scarlet Hermits

1 Fighting Conch

SPS:

Various Acropora spp.

Montipora Spp. (Plating Greeen/Purple Rim, Green/ White Rim, Brick Red)

Pink Pocillopora

Purple Monitpora Digitata

LPS/Misc:

Wall Hammer (Euphyllia Ancora)

Torch

Short Tentacle Plate Coral

Softies/Polyps:

Various Zoos

Ricordea

Red Mushrooms

Green Bullseye Mushrooms

Green Protopalythoa

Anthelia

Fuge:

6464Aquafuge-med.JPG

Tank Conditions:

Temp: 79 - 80

Salinity: 1.026 SG (DIYReef ATC Refractometer)

PH: 8.1 - 8.3 (Pinpoint)

Alk: 9 dKH (Salifert)

Calcium: 400 (Salifert)

Nitrate: Undetectable (Salifert)

I evaporate about 1 gallon a day, which is added by the topoff (RO water with kalk), this is mostly due to the fact that I have a fan blowing across the surface to deal with heat from the halide. I add Kent Tech CB as needed to raise Alk or Calcium levels.

To be added:

Calcium Reactor from myreefcreations.com

2 24" VHO Actinics

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
theclearblue

Thanks petepolyp, I'll let you know when they start to take off.

Burrito - is it just a plain black square, or is it a picture of something? kinda weird... (edit: fixed???)

theclearblue

Here's a picture of a non-branching Hammer I picked up. The hammer was expanded by at least three times before moving it.

6464Clownsandhammer-med.JPG

Anemones - who needs em?

theclearblue

Here's a picture of one of my false percs in her new host.

6464HammerandClown-small-med.JPG

I spent the better part of two days before I got this coral looking at currents within my tank to limit the area that would be affected by the hammer and torch. Unfortuantely I forgot to take into account how the actual coral would affect the currents, but I'm happy to say they are only capable of touching each other, although the sweepers on the hammer are starting to move toward my zoos.

This is the plate coral I picked up, he's as far away from the hammer torch combo as is possible:

6464PlateCoral-med.JPG

Here's a free frag of a tri-color acro. I know it's early to have SPS, but it was free, and I know I have the lighting for it. I'll see how it fares.

6464tricoloracro.JPG

This is a ricordea I picked up at Fins in Columbia (still saving up for a large order from Palmetto Reefs), it's under a ledge so the colors aren't as vibrant as it is under the full glory of 250w 20K

6464Ricordea-med.JPG

theclearblue

I'm using Kent Tech CB to keep it around 430, although since I've changed to Oceanic salt this has become significantly easier.

theclearblue

Well it's been a little since I updated, got a few frags over the course of the weeks, and went to a frag swap on Saturday. So here ya go...

Updated Full Tank Shot:

6464FullTank-med.JPG

Looking down the right:

6464rightside-med.JPG

Left Side:

6464leftside-med.JPG

GSPs:

6464GSP-med.JPG

Green Protopalythoa:

6464proto-med.JPG

Anthellia

6464Anthellia-med.JPG

theclearblue

Sting - I posted a picture of him in the thread in general discussions when I was in the process of deciding if I would buy him. I'll put it here as well.

He's seems to love the brine shrimp I'm feeding him as well as grazing on the live rock all day. I have to turn off all the circulation while I'm feeding him, as he's too slow to chase it down when the current is moving it. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how often and how much to feed him.

My pride and joy:

6464mandarin2-med.JPG

it was nice meeting you at the meeting, your tank looks great. Just wait for the sps to start to fill in, it will look awesome!

DitchPlains

Nice clear pics, the addition of the Acropora, looks good! I have a Bali Slimer and its doing great in my Nano Cube ( 56 watt lighting total) All my next purchases will be Acro or Montiporra. Anyways good luck I like the hang on back fuge!:unsure:

matt the fiddler

those tri color acros are great. i got mine 2 weeks ago, and allready showing good signs of growth. The strain i have is a 17th generation tank propragated or so- makes it realllllly hardy. got mine form jeremy @ premiums home tank...

theclearblue

Got in my Lee's CC skimmer today, after 6 hours I had to empty the collection cup. Mind you I do 25 percent water changes every sunday, so either I tuned it really well with no break-in period, or my tank was disgusting and I didn't even know it.

I've got some zoo frags coming in from Rob's Reef tomorrow, I'll post pics once they're settled.

gabbeyshell

clear blue ur mandarin is the whip!!! sure wish i could luck out and find one that ate brine!!! i'd pick him up in a heartbeat!!!

• 3 weeks later...
theclearblue

I promised some pictures of those zoanthids I got from Rob's Reef a while ago... so better late than never. There's a third frag, but I can't get a good angle on it to take a picture.

Keep in mind this is all under "20K" and I'm not too talented with white balance (20K in quotes because the coralvue looks more like a 10 or 14).

Green Eye Zoanthids (Freebie!)

6464Greenand_purple_zoos-med.JPG

Multi-Zoos

6464multizoos-med.JPG

Behold the polyp extension

6464polypextension-small-med.JPG

The Mandarin - Alive, Fat, and Healthy

6464mandarinagainJPG-small-med.JPG

Archived