Innovative Marine Aquariums

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brightwell, eh?

I'll try that.

Half the cost of Phyto/Zoo too. My basic plan is to get a good variety of food for my coral and rotate B)

Do some research on Brightwell products, here are all the suspension foods they have:

eXczk.jpg

The Phytochrom is a mix of the 4 phytos above it.

The three at the bottom are different and I've not really looked into it. I know they have some added proteins and stuff. Also I'm pretty sure you got it, but the S, M, and L are just based off of particle size.

Good to know.

For your health!

I hope so, the chrom is brown compared to PhytoPlex's pea green color. The Zooplanktos-L is also brown compared to Zooplex's red. But there looks to be more, visually, in the food.

Hi :)

Kids are all good, just a waiting game now to see how my water quality reacts to a lower water change, how my coral like the new food, and new coral on Wednesday :happydance:

I almost bought that fiddler crab :eek: They had cool stuff as usual at the LFS. Even a dragon wrasse. The cooler the fish is the bigger and less reef safe they are. :angry: they had a super cool rainbow parrot fish.

How are your kids? You should get the trio and be done with it. Those gobies say hella small and if you get that skimmer you won't have any problems :)

Wait...what? You almost bought a fiddler crab? I thought they need land? Or were you considering your pico idea too?

My kids are all good. I may take my chances and just get 2 GBGs...see how they do. I know they change sex like clownfish so hopefully they will do well in my tank!!!!! I may just order them from LA and I'll have them in a couple of days....woot :)

Yep

:lol:

Wait...what? You almost bought a fiddler crab? I thought they need land? Or were you considering your pico idea too?

My kids are all good. I may take my chances and just get 2 GBGs...see how they do. I know they change sex like clownfish so hopefully they will do well in my tank!!!!! I may just order them from LA and I'll have them in a couple of days....woot :)

Yeah I really thought about buying him even though my habitat isn't ideal. My thought process was: they are keeping him in a completely marine environment so it's not like he's going to last long anyways, he needs to get out of the water and in the wild they live in mangroves so maybe he can climb up them, and lastly, the kind of idiots I see at that store that are obviously buying everything they need to set up their tank and buying fish that day too, my tank would probably be his best. And he's $5. An he's so cute:

iFUTq.jpg

But I didn't want to buy him just because it was the best he was going to get. When/if my acro finishes dying I'll put a rock that comes out of the water there and get a fiddler.

And no, I'm not rethinking the pico idea for two reasons. Picos are hard and I like to overstock. :lol: if I did the idea I posted on pismo's thread I'd do it with a 60 gallon cube. :)

Just order the gobies now! :)

That's a beautiful crab!!!!! You may have talked me into ordering today. I have some errands to run, but maybe when I get back :)

Do it!!! :)

Corals are gonna have to come on Thursday, as I'm at jury duty today...

Yaaaaaaaay!!!!

Okay, well then Christmas Thursday! :happydance::D

I've never been called but I've sat in on a few (legal internship) you might get struck off the list B)

It's funny the things some people say to try to get out of it.

Do it!!! :)

Okay, well then Christmas Thursday! :happydance::D

I've never been called but I've sat in on a few (legal internship) you might get struck off the list B)

It's funny the things some people say to try to get out of it.

I told the judge the truth....

I'm the son of a hells angel, my uncles one also.

I don't like minorities, because of the way, and place, I was raised.

I shoot, I don't vote, on account of the fact that I don't support the legal system.

I don't support the way government works, and I'm REALLY good at judging people....

He almost told me to go f*** myself...

I am the 1%....

;)

Hey if California doesn't work out for you, you'll fit in great here in WV :lol:

Did that get you struck or are you still stuck?

Still stuck.... Judge said, "maybe we can find you a white trial."

I said, "I'll do my best to make sure there's no conviction."

Thats the moment he almost lost his sh*t... :lol:

Hey Joel, do you follow the volcano tank? That is a sick tank with crabbies.

Yeah I really like that tank. If I saw on YouTube correctly, he has since torn it down and converted it into a cool tidal tank. When I was working on the 55 gallon shallow idea that's what I was going to do. It was going to be a cross of the volcano and Johnny's waterfall tank with a little personal flair to make it mine. You need a good shallow tank to make rocks breaking the surface look good.

Still stuck.... Judge said, "maybe we can find you a white trial."

I said, "I'll do my best to make sure there's no conviction."

Thats the moment he almost lost his sh*t... :lol:

Well at least you tried :lol:

Christmas Gift Exchange Ideas for whoever got me:

• Some kind of syringe/tube to use for target feeding coral, tank is 16" deep.
  • Coral food.
  • Cleaning burshes for tubing.
  • Reef Supplements like strontium or a catch all major/minor trace element.
  • MP40 :P

Archived