Top Shelf Aquatics

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a Debelius' Reef Lobster. They are reef safe "with caution" but they've had him for 6 months and he's not bothered a single thing. :)

Ugh... I'm soooo jeal'z.... omgomgomg

He's pretty awesome, I'm not going to lie. I'm just worried about my history of failure with inverts beyond CUC. :fingerscrossed:

that's a cool lobster!! don't fatten him up and eat him like homer did..LOL

mo4R pics of him!

More pictures are going to be hard seeing as he is reclusive BUT! I have an awesome video of van Gogh meeting Fred for the first time. Mexican standoff :lol: I started my camera when I put him in knowing I wouldn't see him much once he's in and it paid off. I'm meeting Cody to hang but the video will be up soon. Fred is so pretty I hope he behaves.

Got some more macro:

NhKJc.jpg

The Xenia fell into the tank and now I have no idea where it is... :eek: it will be fine I think, I can take care of it.

Got three piece of monti cap and a small gorg B)

Fred is poking out every now and then, he's still shy though.

omgomgomg

I love Fred!!!! What's the story on the name? The only Fred I know is Fred Rogers :lol:

Your Fred is beautiful! The new macros look awesome too. I WANT TO SEE A VIDEO :)

omgomgomg

I love Fred!!!! What's the story on the name? The only Fred I know is Fred Rogers :lol:

Your Fred is beautiful! The new macros look awesome too. I WANT TO SEE A VIDEO :)

Thanks! He's a handsome lobster! Fred Schneider was the lead singer (and cow bell player) of the B-52's. They wrote the song

. It's an awesome song and fits well enough :)

Video tomorrow, both an update and the standoff (it needs edited). :)

Lobster, sweet.

I am breaking my red shroom frag plate up.

Gena and Joel .... you interested?

I am, but I'm waiting to hear back from pismo about this chalice before I commit to spending any extra money B) why are you breaking it up?

surgicalsense

I do not recall if I mentioned how they are multiplying.... I have 2 that have relocated themselves, a floater. A purple floater somewhere in the tank.

I figured I would just break up the red shroom frag. There is like 6 or so on there with tiny babies ones, too.

I have plenty to share...

I do not recall if I mentioned how they are multiplying.... I have 2 that have relocated themselves, a floater. A purple floater somewhere in the tank.

I figured I would just break up the red shroom frag. There is like 6 or so on there with tiny babies ones, too.

I have plenty to share...

I'm always interested in mushrooms! I just throw them in and let them land where they desire. I can take floaters.

surgicalsense

I just dug into my tank and found that more were settling in an area. I think they are kinda pissed from the pistol shrimp kicking sand on them.

I have 3 red floaters... I just made a micky-mouse containment area to see if I can force them to sick to some sand.

Let me know how many you want and when I can bring them to you, Gena

I just dug into my tank and found that more were settling in an area. I think they are kinda pissed from the pistol shrimp kicking sand on them.

I have 3 red floaters... I just made a micky-mouse containment area to see if I can force them to sick to some sand.

Let me know how many you want and when I can bring them to you, Gena

Anytime works for me. I'll pm you my cell# and we can set up a time. Thank you soooo much! I wish I had something to give to you but nothing is ready to frag yet. Oh....I do have some Kenya tree...but now that I think of it...didn't you say you have that? If you want it, it's yours :)

grandmasterbakka

gonna have to say it again. the lobster was a great choice. i trust you'll use the ahheeeahhheeahhh from the good, the bad, and the ugly when editing the clip.

Thought about it, got one better :ninja:

Glad we finally got to hang out. I've never seen a 10 gallon tank with 30lb of sand in it... I think it's going to look crazy!

Nope, should I start now?

Start feeding PhytoPlex, and ZooPlex, to the tune of about 4 drops each, a day.

You will have very happy invert's. :D

I assume this goes for any type of invert? How does it do with nutrients in the tank though? I don't have a skimmer on my little NC12.

well....

Mine, and Joel's, systems are overskimmed. (more than enuf skimmer.)

So we could handle that dosage, no problem.

In a 12g, like you have, I would do a drop each, every-other-day.

So the nute's don't build up, and cause an issue.

8 drops total for just the one guy? Not doubting, just seems high. But I guess my coral will eat some too? Since he's a carnivore my plan was to try to train him to take bits of shrimp or fish or something from a pair of forceps.

8 drops total for just the one guy?

Yes, 8 drop's...

Everyone benefit's.

You're skimmer will eat the stuff before it can become "waste", anyway. :happy:

Not doubting, just seems high.

You could do less, but the idea is to start a Planktonic-cycle in your tank. ;)

(Life cycle, not nutrient-type cycle.)

But I guess my coral will eat some too?

All your corals will benefit, because of the Micron range, that plankton are in.

Small enough to be sucked in, without any effort! :D

Also, the Plankton will cause other itty-bitty life, like pod's, to flourish.

Which will in turn make everyone higher up on the food chain... Well, happy. :happy:

Since he's a carnivore, my plan was to try to train him to take bits of shrimp, or fish,

or something from a pair of forceps.

Totally cool idea. :D

Hand feeding is fun... I used to hand feed my Snowflake Eel, I had.... :(

I miss him... 2 foot, carnivorous, finger-biter... <_<

I know that Hikari makes "chunk" food's.

I've seen squid, shrimp, various fishes, etc., at my local fish store...

Look into that stuff, too.

Can't beat vitamin enriched food's, intended to be reef-safe.... omgomgomg

Archived