Coral Vue Hydros

Getting rid of Dinoflagelates

Fiesta_reef_time

Yea every once in a while the sprites like to pick fights, k Im on. Just like Igreen, you have contributed nothing innovative to the hobby other than rehashing others information who made the discoveries long before you were legally able to be on the internet unsupervised.

I checked your post history and tank history, to find more examples of cookie cutter Id have to raid a bakery.

Dude, you are full of it. Every method I write about is straight up,

now whats it, you respond lets make this thread not get hijacked or anything.

Original poster, sorry for the side battle but its necessary from time to time. Rams try to knock each other off the hill, no prob. We are merely battling opinions, if you run either method no harm comes to your tank. Funny how mad some people get

ciedre, worse than being silly ur average

FO

B

#138 I see its gone to your head like the others.

Pulling up posts form the past, wow predictable. Some people are capable of learning, from mistakes, research and others in the community with degrees in biology. Clearly this isn't something your capable of. Still waiting on the constructive advice on how more flow helps.....

Edit: sorry you did just above. Thank you. If your going to argue at least elaborate on your argument rather than being a kitten and simply saying no, your silly and other various badly constructed sentences.

Also I think manual removal Only helps with some types of Cyano, I have siphoned whole sections of sand out of the tank completely and done massive water changes to find it there again the next day.

euphyllia lucky you it doesnt sound too bad at all, just manual removal. For sure there is a point in the removing of the initial mass where it will stop coming back, I call it after a few water change cycles it will stop and it can come back at any moment in the future but no harm this is preferable to red brush algae invasion imo, Id take a light cyano bloom to work with over that stuff.

That pic really helps, talk about acting fast before it takes hold nice call.

If that rock is removable, Id pull it and scrub it off in another container then put back in.

Ciedre as you go back and edit your posts as thoughts come to build your case retroactively, just know that in my posts about cyano I am a proponent of repeating the procedure until the regenerative abilities of the target biomass are exhausted. It may take 5 removals, but the point is staying active never lets it overtake a tank.

You've already acknowledged my point on flow, I could bold what you said again but who cares, only certain people get under my skin you are better off trumpeting your victory and moving onward. have fun stamping your feet man.

Euphyllia that is so localized an external rinse will work. If not, use the end of your water change siphon hose as a prodding tool and manually scrape it off during the next water change. Your tank looks very clean and not packed full or organics, this looked like a growth thats normal for our reefs at times.

That pic really helps, talk about acting fast before it takes hold nice call.

If that rock is removable, Id pull it and scrub it off in another container then put back in.

Ciedre as you go back and edit your posts as thoughts come to build your case retroactively, just know that in my posts about cyano I am a proponent of repeating the procedure until the regenerative abilities of the target biomass are exhausted. It may take 5 removals, but the point is staying active never lets it overtake a tank.

You've already acknowledged my point on flow, I could bold what you said again but who cares, only certain people get under my skin you are better off trumpeting your victory and moving onward. have fun stamping your feet man.

Euphyllia that is so localized an external rinse will work. If not, use the end of your water change siphon hose as a prodding tool and manually scrape it off during the next water change. Your tank looks very clean and not packed full or organics, this looked like a growth thats normal for our reefs at times.

Lol not stamping my feet, just trying to get it through to you that you hadn't helped by saying "redirect a powerhead" Ill give the consistent manual removal a go my self, hope it helps. On a positive note, I at least got you of your ass to put some love into this thread :)

thats excellent grammar, Sir. thanks for the entertainment

got you of your ass to put some love

Im thinking your reef science is off because you spend time contemplating other things?

Ciedre no matter how hard you try to work your burgeoning manhood on this thread it is a matter of opinion, in my assessment of his tank the spot was very small and contained, the organics looked low in the tank, and directing more flow at that spot was a fair call to make, with zero impact to the tank. It was based on years of recommending this to others, practicing it myself, and getting bad ass aquariums as a result. If you want to keep spouting off thats fine, ur an easy cut and paste job, but the best thing for you to do is recoil into your shell and slither away bub lol

Well, you know what they say... Everything's big in Texas. :happy:

Not really sure how that applies here, but you mentioned Texas... :mellow:

You are pathetic Brandon. I love the way you're trying to turn around a half ass comment like "redirect flow" to be some amazing in depth description with scientific backing that everyone can understand with one sentence. Oh well, no arguing with Texas, clearly the state of ignorance.

Formula, who really won, I got what I wanted long before this idiot started slagging me off....In pathetic desperate ways lol.

thats excellent grammar, Sir. thanks for the entertainment

got you of your ass to put some love

Im thinking your reef science is off because you spend time contemplating other things?

Errr are you serious.... Have you read your badly constructed posts, I had to re read them several times just to understand what the hell you were actually trying to say. Funny that the second I relax my grammar for a light hearted comment you pounce...So desperate..

yea posting w volume is pretty fun. Anyways you can be nice now...we solved the problem and stuff, mainly the thread became a collection of opinions, nothing to flame out over man lol

yea posting w volume is pretty fun. Anyways you can be nice now...we solved the problem and stuff, mainly the thread became a collection of opinions, nothing to flame out over man lol

:mellow: .........................lol

NewZealandReefie
:mellow: .........................lol

Reading this all from start to finish, you're the one coming off sounding like more of an ass now. Stop beating something that's dead .

• 1 month later...

I'm still having issues with cyano, but not on the rocks any longer. The red cyano on the rocks went away after a few siphonings during the tank's water changes. Now I have major problems with brown cyano/diatoms on the sand. It's the color of diatoms, but is stringy like cyano. I added a tiny bit of chaeto last week, and yesterday I added three times as much as the chaeto added last week. I'm hoping that will cure any nutrient export problems. My lights come on at 10:00 and go off at 6:30, so that's 8 hours 30 minutes to save you the math. I siphon off the cyano (which depletes the sandbed) every few days when I do a water change. I'm running a skimmer on the tank too. Any suggestions?

Archived