Coral Vue Hydros

Pak's 7.5g Rimless Cube

SnakPak

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That maxima clam looks aesthetically striking!!

Thanks! I love the little bugger. He's been pretty irritated lately with all the cyano growing around him, but now that I've got it cleared up, he should be happy as a clam! :happydance:

That plate looks stunning and those orange zoas are gorgeous. Can you tell me the name of those zoas?

Thanks! I've had the plate for a long time. Those are Bam Bams. They've grown like crazy since I purchased them a few months ago.

The new FTS is an awesome photo PAK nice work.

Thanks Jay! How is your tank running?

Took a few more today. I'll post one up for now.

Saltwater%20Tank.jpg

Tank.jpg

Tank%202.jpg

Glad you didn't quit. Stunning tank. My float valve got stuck recently and flooded the house. I was ready to call it quit especially since I had dosing equipment issues not too long before this. Your tank gave me new inspiration to come back with a new cleaner look.

Glad you didn't quit. Stunning tank. My float valve got stuck recently and flooded the house. I was ready to call it quit especially since I had dosing equipment issues not too long before this. Your tank gave me new inspiration to come back with a new cleaner look.

That must have been frustrating. Did you have any damage to the house? With as much time as we invest into this hobby, it's just too hard to completely walk away.

Beautiful tank, Pak! Sorry to see the 60-F go, but the cube is looking great too.

Thank you! I was sad to see it go too, but I'm glad I made the switch back.

One more pic. I love my TSB to death. Such a great, entertaining fish.

Saltwater%20Tank-5.jpg

Ever since I switched back to the cube, my yellow damsel has come out from hiding. I rarely saw him in the 60-F. Now, he's always hovering about. This was the best shot I could get of him the other day as he was moving around way too much on me.

Saltwater%20Tank-2.jpg

Thanks Jay! How is your tank running?

Oh you know the usual... monti eating nudibranchs, alk swings that wiped out half my Zoa pop and a nagging spot of cyano... other than that great. LPS are super happy, fish are super happy so I can take some positives out of it... I'm battling but things are looking up I believe.

Oh you know the usual... monti eating nudibranchs, alk swings that wiped out half my Zoa pop and a nagging spot of cyano... other than that great. LPS are super happy, fish are super happy so I can take some positives out of it... I'm battling but things are looking up I believe.

LOL. Awesome response, haha.

That must have been frustrating. Did you have any damage to the house? With as much time as we invest into this hobby, it's just too hard to completely walk away.

Thank you! I was sad to see it go too, but I'm glad I made the switch back.

One more pic. I love my TSB to death. Such a great, entertaining fish.

Saltwater%20Tank-5.jpg

Damage to floor wasn't as bad as pissed off wife. Now it would be harder to convince her to agree to a larger tank. =( Anyway, I will let things cool down and then set it all back up again since I ordered new lights prior to this accident so wouldn't want it to go to waste. Where do you get your corals and fish? You seem to always have the nicest selection of stuff. Love that fish you just add, really awesome looking.

Damage to floor wasn't as bad as pissed off wife. Now it would be harder to convince her to agree to a larger tank. =( Anyway, I will let things cool down and then set it all back up again since I ordered new lights prior to this accident so wouldn't want it to go to waste. Where do you get your corals and fish? You seem to always have the nicest selection of stuff. Love that fish you just add, really awesome looking.

Hahaha, totally understand the pissed off wife. Sometimes that's the scariest part of being in this hobby. :lol: Though mine has been pretty understanding through all the disasters.

I share the same fear with a larger tank. I just can't imagine 40, 50, 100 gallons going wrong. That would be a nightmare.

Most of my corals come through online orders (I just received more yesterday!!). All of the local fish stores near me have really poor selections of corals. Occasionally I can find something decent, but it's very rare. I have bought from local hobbyists though and they have been by far the best experience and the best selection. 1 guy in particular was very, very generous with the number of frags he gave me for the amount I spent. I would recommend you go that route if at all possible.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to provide a quick update. Put in a couple of new zoa/paly frags yesterday that I purchased from my LFS. One of them I don't even know what it is because it was closed up, but I got a decent deal on it and it was a very nicely covered frag plug, so I'll take it. I wish I had more room in my tank as they had some stellar frags that were huge for only $30. Too big for my tank though. I lost 2 of my frags that I ordered online, though I can't particularly say it was anything I did. The condition they came in was pretty poor. Couple that with the fact that they frag sizes were tiny and I didn't have very high hopes for survival. Thankfully the rest of them are doing pretty well. I'm just hoping they really take off now.

Saw my pom pom crab for the first time in a couple months the other night. So glad to see he was doing well. Though I couldn't tell if he still had his pom pom anemones.

Just wanted to provide a quick update. Put in a couple of new zoa/paly frags yesterday that I purchased from my LFS. One of them I don't even know what it is because it was closed up, but I got a decent deal on it and it was a very nicely covered frag plug, so I'll take it. I wish I had more room in my tank as they had some stellar frags that were huge for only $30. Too big for my tank though. I lost 2 of my frags that I ordered online, though I can't particularly say it was anything I did. The condition they came in was pretty poor. Couple that with the fact that they frag sizes were tiny and I didn't have very high hopes for survival. Thankfully the rest of them are doing pretty well. I'm just hoping they really take off now.

Saw my pom pom crab for the first time in a couple months the other night. So glad to see he was doing well. Though I couldn't tell if he still had his pom pom anemones.

Awesome news Pak lets see some pics when you get some time.

• 7 months later...

It has been a very long time since my last post. Life got crazy, work has been crazy this year and some personal events have kept me from logging on much. Unfortunately I do have bad news. The 7.5gal is no more. I took it down last weekend. Was going to throw the towel in for some time but decided that I couldn't part with my corals so I kept them in a bucket until I could find an alternative solution to get them back into. Sadly that didn't work out as I've lost almost all of them.

I picked up a JBJ 3 gal this past Saturday in a rush to get things back up and running. I've slowly removed corals as they've died off. Its such a depressing thing to look at. What was once something I was so proud and fond of has become the focal point of how my life has turned these last 4 weeks.

Right now I'm looking for a replacement light for the stock lamp and was hoping that I could get some suggestions from all of you. I am not sure how long the JBJ will be up and running as there is a possibility that I might transfer this into a larger tank if my friends decide to take the plunge, but for now it's so pitiful looking that I just want to get it back to where it once was.

I've looked at the Beamsworks and a few others, but was hoping that the true experts of tanks this small could chime in with their opinions.

Archived