Coral Vue Hydros

Pak's 7.5g Rimless Cube

SnakPak

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:o Wow!

Thanks!

Looks awesome man... very impressed! I love that scooter blenny have you had him for a while? Are they hard to care for?

Thanks Jay! I really wish I could take better pictures. I will have to practice more. I've had the scooter blenny for a couple months now. I wouldn't say they are hard to care for, but they certainly require a lot of food. If you find one that takes frozen mysis you're golden.

I will retract my statement about the scooter blenny. Apparently mine no longer wants to eat frozen foods. Going to try to take him back to the LFS tomorrow or find a local tank that he will do better in.

And yes, noob move getting one in the first place.

Scooter blenny is gone. Took him back to the LFS to put in their 100gal display tank.

Aqua lifter pump showed up on the porch today. This weekend will be dedicated to cleaning up the wiring and getting my ATO unit running.

Too bad about that blenny I saw some at my LFS last weekend and was tempted but decided I would do some research first.

I was disappointed too. He was very entertaining to watch.

Woke up this morning and witnessed my first thunderstorm from the AI! So awesome!!! I am in love with this light!

On another note, I think I finally figured out my white balance issues. Seeing that my garage door broke and I was stuck home this morning waiting for someone to come out and replace some of the components, I used that down time to take some various shots of the tank and my new inhabitant. :happy:

20120210-DSC03202.jpg

20120210-DSC03227.jpg

Very, very quiet. Haha, it's barely audible. The only reason I hear it is because I have to keep my door propped open to my sump to let the humidity out. Once I get my cabinet fan installed, it will be almost as quiet as it was prior to having one. I probably wouldn't hear it at all if I had the overflow pipe extending all the way into the water, but as it sits now it's just a tad above it, so I get a slight gurgle from the air escaping.

Very awesome setup!

Would you mind going into more detail and/or taking additional pics of your Sump setup?

I'm looking at going shallow and currently have a 7.5 cube as well. Take a look at the link in my sig for details. I'd like to turn it into a display sump possibly.

Again, very nice setup. I love how clean it looks, and you sir, have inspired me!

what size pump are you using for return?

It's an ECO264 return pump. I purchased it from my LFS. It has a 264 gph flow-rate. At the height it has to pump back into the tank, the flow rate is just perfect. I didn't want too much flow from the return pump because I'm relying on my MP10 to provide all the flow for the tank.

Very awesome setup!

Would you mind going into more detail and/or taking additional pics of your Sump setup?

I'm looking at going shallow and currently have a 7.5 cube as well. Take a look at the link in my sig for details. I'd like to turn it into a display sump possibly.

Again, very nice setup. I love how clean it looks, and you sir, have inspired me!

Thank you! I don't mind at all. I will take a few pictures tonight when the sump light comes on so you can see more of the details, as well as draw up a diagram showing how it is partitioned.

Love the new scape! What do you mean you can't take good photos? They look great!

What are the dimensions of this tank?

Thanks! I finally figured out how to get the white balance right, so that helped tremendously. Next up is getting a macro lens so I can actually get better close-ups.

The dimensions are 24"Lx12"Wx7"T.

I took some new shots tonight of my new corals! I met a very nice local reefer who had a beautiful display tank and a massive overall system. I picked up 8 frags from him. I'll post up a few for now until I can get some better shots of the other corals.

DSC03319-1.jpg

DSC03332-1.jpg

DSC03335-1.jpg

DSC03337-1.jpg

ccapasso,

Here are some pics of the sump. Excuse the dirty glass, I haven't touched it since I set it up. Right now I have it draining into my fuge just to get the water tumbling a little bit for the corals and chaeto. This weekend I plan on adding a small line from the return for minimum flow through the fuge, and moving the tank forward to get the drain back into it's regular position. I don't have dimensions right now, but the fuge is approximately half of the tank. I did make some mistakes with this design. For starters, I didn't cut the teeth long enough for the height of my first baffle. Or, I didn't put the first baffle high enough in relation to the teeth. This causes the water level to be lower than I would like, which introduces more noise.

Note, with this design, there is no room for an in-sump skimmer. I didn't really plan on adding one considering I was very height limited with the cabinet it is in. I might, down the road, get a custom sump made so that I can include a skimmer in the event that I really want to add one to my system. For now, this will work.

Sump%20Back%20View2.jpg

Sump%20ISO%20View.jpg

Sump%20Top%20View2.jpg

DSC03339.JPG

DSC03343.JPG

DSC03345.JPG

the new orange zoas are awesome.

Thanks! I love them too. They are really colorful. Hoping they take off like wildfire!

corals are lookin hot!

Thanks!

The sump looks better than most peoples tanks!

Haha, I doubt that. :P I really want to get an LED light over it to provide more light for the mushrooms and anemones in there as well as get rid of the heat from the incandescent bulb. Was thinking of ordering this. LINK

Archived