Top Shelf Aquatics

Phantasma

Kazooie

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeap. Make sure you give it a few coats of the high heat spray paint though. One or two coats and that stuff will scratch right off, I've found out the hard way. I actually like the way the fixtures look. Low profile.

About the spray paint, make sure you get the can with the picture of the grill on it. :lol:

Well, on the fixture they made little fish icons, and i'm not really sure whether they were made by holes, or if they are just etchings. you'll have to see for yourself as I can't remember. If so, then you'll have to cover the holes up from the inside, and by that point, you'll just want to take the fixture apart and remove the reflector and the UV shield and just spray paint the #### out of the aluminum housing without a care in the world.

:)

Ok, sounds kind of simple to do. The hard part is convincing my dad, as he thinks mh's will burn the house down. :rolleyes:

Also, 70w or 150w? I want to keep sps, zoas, and a clam or two. :)

Ok, sounds kind of simple to do. The hard part is convincing my dad, as he thinks mh's will burn the house down. :rolleyes:

Also, 70w or 150w? I want to keep sps, zoas, and a clam or two. :)

lol. It shouldn't be too hard. The pendant is just held together by a couple screws. Nothing intricate at all really. Well I wish you luck on the convincing part. :)

Well, You might be able to get away with the 70w, and keep SPS near the top, but there aren't too many nice bulbs out there for the 70w DE halides. If you went with the 150w, you would be able to keep anything, and there are lots of great bulbs out there like the Phoenix 14k. J-Ranko keeps a single 150w and his tank looks badass. SPS and all.

Why would you start another reef when you already have your 125?

Because that tank is mostly softies and for big fish. And I want a tank in my room. :P

Ok, so will be easy then. :)

150w it is then, as I don't want limitations because of light on this tank. :angry:

:rolleyes:

Nah, I'm pretty happy with how the 125 is going, and wound be adding much to it, except for fish/corals.

no you want a fowlr

look deep inside that birdie mind

you want a fowlr

you want a fowlr

you want a fowlr

Archived