Coral Vue Hydros

5 gallon scuba tank

Pjanssen

I am not sure but I think the LR may be BR now, someone else may know but I bet your going to have a heck of a cycle from the die off.

Looks awesome! Can't wait to see it running

• 2 months later...

I want to see updates too! I love the build- really creative. The only thing is it looks like you have larger shelves on the top and not many on the bottom...might be hard to grow lots of coral with the lower shelves shaded...although with the custom LED lighting maybe it gets around that?

Can't wait to see it in action!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

My latest aquascape. Corals returned, and a couple new fish. I learned, unfortunately too late, that these two fish need a much bigger tank than this, so I will eventually try to catch them and put them in a bigger tank. Corals weren't really open when I was snapping pictures, so I'll have to try again later.

001a2937.jpg

a8e2e846.jpg

4d6aa1df.jpg

4de9008d.jpg

Future plans for this tank are to incorporate a sump, trying to utilize the black hoses that represent the regulator and computer of the scuba tank. Then I can get rid if the ugly filter and pump that are in there. I'd also like to eventually replace the acrylic, as it is pretty scratched up. Makes it difficult to get great photos.

• 5 months later...

New corals just arrived from Coral Morphologic/AKA Aquascapers.

Here they are in a quick iodine dip, after temperature acclimating them for about 45 minutes

file.jpg

Here they are after just putting them in the tank

file-3.jpgfile-2.jpgfile-1.jpg

I havent decided where to put them yet, but will get some more pictures up after they've settled a little

Ricordeas and zoas after a few days in the tank

file-4.jpg

I'm thinking i may have glued the rics too close together.

file-5.jpg

There is one more zoa colony, but it got knocked down overnight and is not open at the moment.

Im planning on attempting to remove them from the UGLY, impossible to work with, ceramic plugs and glueing them to some live rock rubble. I hope I don't mess them up. Fingers crossed!

Archived