Christopher Marks

June 2011 - matth6761

For June we're featuring matth6761 and his 20 gallon nano reef!

featuredreef.jpg

Click the picture above to check out his reef profile! You can find matth6761's tank journal in our Members Aquariums forum. Feel free to post any comments or questions you may have for matth6761, and he'll try his best to answer them.

CongratZ!!!!!!!!!

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

Nice work, Matt. Nice to finally see you up on the throne!

Haha, awesome. I was wondering who would win this month's honors earlier and then found his tank that I hadn't seen before and made a comment that he should be featured, then boom.

Congrats Matt, brilliant tank.

congrats matt :)

Congrats Matt!

I like your aquascaping and the different zones you have for different types of coral. Looks clean and uncluttered.

Congratulations. Beautiful tank.

Incredible tank

Hey, thanks everyone! Couldn't have done it without most of the people here. Thanks to nor cal nano for nominating my reef! Also, I want to recognize my two local fish stores, The Deep and Aquariums Plus, both in Redding, CA, where I bought most of my coral. Both are great stores and ya'll need to stop in if in town. :happydance:

Love your tank matt,,,

really nice tank. Congrats

Congratulations on the TOTM. I'd just like to say I totally agree with the thoughts on UPS. I keep one on my system as I live in a rural area of Nebraska which gets very irregular/extreme weather. So it is likely we see +/- dozen power outages a year. It will keep my system running for about an hour, but I think if I optimized it to run only the critical things such as the return pumps and heater, that I could keep it running for a couple.

Anyways, its an investment that many people dont consider enough. Your thoughts on the emergency plan are also something every serious reefer should consider. I dont know if you considered this, but you could probably throw the UPS in the back seat with the cooler and run the pump and heater in the car.

Awesome tank!

I have that same Reef Octopus skimmer, but I am having a heck of a time with micro bubbles. How do you control them in yours?

Awesome Tank. Congratulations!