Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

SoCal's 60g Cube (Dismantled)

Arkayology

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sooo I'm supposed to be finishing my last data analysis ... but I'm just staring at this awesome fts

lol. Make sure you post pics of your tank under those AI sols when you get back.

Looks awesome congrats on the new lights!

Thanks! They are already having an effect on my corals. I think it is going well so far. My cali tort, red planet, and pink lemonade are all looking very nice. No change in the SPS so far other than continued growth.

Looks great! I should get my Radions today or tomorrow. You're scaring me with those zip ties!

lol, I know what you mean. The zip ties are just fine for now. I have some chain that I am going to attach to the metal rings that I put on the metal nuts that came with the radion. I need to lower the fixture anyways. It is about a foot about the water level and I want to put it at 8 as per the ecotech suggestions. I just wanted to get it above my tank and see what it can do.

FYI, I just got off the phone with ecotech and apparently "natural mode" is not available yet? As that is what I will be using, I don't think I am missing out on anything not having the software. I am currently running the fixture at what I believe to be 40% power in 14k mode. Looks VERY close to my phoenix bulb, but with crisper colors/not as hazy, though the haze may be from the fact that I needed to change the bulb.

WOW!

iknorit?

Ok so I'm looking for a good entry level dslr camera. After some research, I think that either a Canon t2i/t3i or Nikon d3100 would be a good fit. I will likely just be looking to use the kit lens and a macro lens. Anyone have any suggestions between these or other cameras?

Tank looks awesome!

I am not a nikon person, I love cannons IDK why but They are so fun to use. Can you go to the store and hold both and see which one you like better?

boosted chemist
Thanks. The fan in the Radion in pretty silent.

When i frag my acans, i want to send you a head to see what happens to lps under this fixture.

When i frag my acans, i want to send you a head to see what happens to lps under this fixture.

Hah, LPS? That is sooooo last year :P Sure. We can test it out.

Tank looks awesome!

I am not a nikon person, I love cannons IDK why but They are so fun to use. Can you go to the store and hold both and see which one you like better?

Thanks! I am leaning towards a canon right now. I have to go to a camera shop and play around with them.

Thanks! I am leaning towards a canon right now. I have to go to a camera shop and play around with them.

Keep in mind there are other great camera manufacturers out there.. like pentax, and panasonic.

Keep in mind there are other great camera manufacturers out there.. like pentax, and panasonic.

Ya, I was looking at some Olympus cameras the other day. A friend of mine has one with a manual lens that takes decent pics. I just see all the hype and what the "pros" use and figure I should emulate them. I appreciate the advice.

On a tank related note, I added a couple emerald crabs and a cleaner shrimp yesterday. This will be my 4th cleaner shrimp in my reefing career. These little guys did not seem to fair well in my 20h and I stopped buying them. I think it had something to do with my iodine levels. I am ready to give it another try with this tank. I know that some people do not want any crabs at all in their tanks but I have never had a bad experience with an emerald crab. Both of them are being good for now... but I will be watching them as they sit on my SPS. There will be no eating of coral here.

Still waiting for my Leopard Wrasse, McCosker's Wrasse, and Flame Angel to come in. Hopefully I will get them this week.

Yeah, dont bag on panny. I have the tm700 video camera and it takes a decent still(ish). Better than point and shoot but not as good as dslr but you cant beat its hd video! 1080p60 looks incredible on the tv! However, with little to no support from commercial editors its pretty much worthless for sharing. However, the 1080p24 is still better than other prosumer models. I couldnt be happier with my decision to go video over stills but I have a small child so it only made sense. Ive just been happier than I expected with its still quality, I mean it has full manual control other than iso which I dont get anyhow...

looking good! I like the hanging method as apposed to the the zip ties :D

and 1 got 1 head of the mauls 2 months ago I'm up to 6, i need a few more weeks, and Ill cut a few off for ya

IMG_2517.jpg

looking good! I like the hanging method as apposed to the the zip ties :D

and 1 got 1 head of the mauls 2 months ago I'm up to 6, i need a few more weeks, and Ill cut a few off for ya

IMG_2517.jpg

word

Very nice! Does this mean you can ditch the fan now?

Yup! I haven't needed to use it since I got the LEDs.

500 points to the person who can guess my new addition! This is the best pic I have gotten so far.

IMG_0128.jpg

The Flasher Wrasse?Mcosker's?

Tanks looks great too.

Thanks. Was it that obvious? Maybe lol. But ya, added the McCoskers and a Flame Angel yesterday. Both are eating a ton and exploring the tank. I hope they make it.

Good luck with the Flame Angel and all of that SPS.

Thanks. It hasn't been picking so far. My plan is to keep it well fed with spirulina loaded brine and blood worms so it will not want to eat polyps.

Thanks. It hasn't been picking so far. My plan is to keep it well fed with spirulina loaded brine and blood worms so it will not want to eat polyps.

I feed the $hit out of my coral beauty and he still picks all day long. No polyps so far but he does pick at the corals. Good luck! Tank is looking great. How do you handle pest control? Id hate to see you end up like me with a thriving tank then all of a sudden you gotta deal with something...

Archived